Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which Apps Safe to Remove? Trying to get close to vanilla Android.

Tip us?

norazi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Default Which Apps Safe to Remove? Trying to get close to vanilla Android.

Trying to clean all the sony bloat out of this phone while still having core functionality (camera working 100% etc)... is there a list of all the apps that are safe to remove (via titanium backup) from the stock rom?

I was going to just flash an AOSP or CM11 rom to go vanilla but I have read that the camera suffers and you still have the stability issues

Any advice from someone who is running a "clean" z1 compact?

crótach
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by norazi View Post
Trying to clean all the sony bloat out of this phone while still having core functionality (camera working 100% etc)... is there a list of all the apps that are safe to remove (via titanium backup) from the stock rom?

I was going to just flash an AOSP or CM11 rom to go vanilla but I have read that the camera suffers and you still have the stability issues

Any advice from someone who is running a "clean" z1 compact?
Well, there's not much Sony bloat on the phone, it's not a Samsung or HTC. I prefer the Sony calendar to the stock Google one, for example.

Also if you don't want to use the Sony picture app you can get rid of Album and just keep Photos. Similar is true for Walkman vs Play Music (I kept both).

Then you can get rid of Playstation apps and TrackID (you can use Shazam if you want). I'd leave it at that.

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 43
You may want to check munjenis rom and the corresponding debloater in post #3.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799237