Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is this phone worth T-Mobile coverage?

OP Wotta

17th August 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

91 posts
On paper (or browser) the Z1 Compact looks almost perfect for me. I'm a normal sized person, so the S5, HTC One M8, LG G3 and OnePlus One are a bit wide for comfortable one-handed use. I don't care about the reduced resolution; there's still plenty there. But... no 700MHz band, so no LTE on AT&T.

I'm on Verizon (which I despise) currently, and will switch off it. Does this phone work well with LTE on T-Mobile, and has T-Mobile's suckage reduced enough for it to be a usable carrier now, or should I stick to a phone that will work well with AT&T? (And if you think it's worth T-Mobile, how much and where has your T-Mobile experience been?)
17th August 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 50

264 posts
More
If you ask me this strongly depends on which region you live in.
So I dont know if anybody can help you in an international forum.

For me LTE works like a charm but I live in Germany so....
17th August 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 18

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotta

I'm on Verizon (which I despise) currently, and will switch off it. Does this phone work well with LTE on T-Mobile, and has T-Mobile's suckage reduced enough for it to be a usable carrier now, or should I stick to a phone that will work well with AT&T? (And if you think it's worth T-Mobile, how much and where has your T-Mobile experience been?)

i switched from verizon to t-mobile in philly when i got this phone. 4g works fine. also, there's an internet-only $30/month unlimited data and text with 100 minutes plan: you'll have to order an activation kit from the t-mobile website.
18th August 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 17

87 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotta

On paper (or browser) the Z1 Compact looks almost perfect for me. I'm a normal sized person, so the S5, HTC One M8, LG G3 and OnePlus One are a bit wide for comfortable one-handed use. I don't care about the reduced resolution; there's still plenty there. But... no 700MHz band, so no LTE on AT&T.

I've been using this phone on T-Mobile for about 5 months now. LTE works fine, but H+ is adequate for my needs so LTE is switched off most of the time. As far as the T-Mobile network, coverage around populated areas has been fine. However, once you get out in the un-populated areas, coverage often drops to 2G or nothing at all. Verizon is superior in this regard. For me, it's not a huge deal and I'll take the $ savings over coverage everywhere. But if coverage outside of the cities is important to you, then I would not recommend T-Mobile.
10th October 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
A better question would be: Is T-Mobile worthy of being on the awesome Xperia Z1 Compact?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread