Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Power bank not working correctly

Tip us?

pannekoek28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Power bank not working correctly

Hi, yesterday I bought a power bank, an external power source which I can take everywhere I go.
As soon as it arrived, I charged it for 4 hours. The power bank includes a cable which is used to charge the power bank (through wall charger) and to charge the phone through the power bank.

The following is happening:

When I connect the power bank to my phone, using the original cable, the phone is not charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using the original cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to my phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging.

How do i get it working using the power bamk cable? I don't want to use my charger cable because it is too long and I need it for charging my phone the normal way
did I help you? Please press the THANKS button

want to make a DROPBOX account? use THIS link and we both get a free 500mb bonus!
want to get even MORE space? COPY is a new service just like dropbox. Use THIS referral link and you get 20GB instead of 15GB for a lifetime! limited offer!

My phone specs:
Sony Xperia S LT26i
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
eXistenZ Ultra 1.0.0
Root access: yes
CWM installed: no
Bootloader: locked, but unlockable

Rekoil
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannekoek28 View Post
Hi, yesterday I bought a power bank, an external power source which I can take everywhere I go.
As soon as it arrived, I charged it for 4 hours. The power bank includes a cable which is used to charge the power bank (through wall charger) and to charge the phone through the power bank.

The following is happening:

When I connect the power bank to my phone, using the original cable, the phone is not charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using the original cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to my phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging.

How do i get it working using the power bamk cable? I don't want to use my charger cable because it is too long and I need it for charging my phone the normal way
What charge capacity was your phone on when the problem appeared? I have had issues in the past with Xperia Z-family phones not charging from anything except their original chargers when they are below 20% charge, could the issue have been relating to this?
sony xperia z1 compact d5503 lime green

previous phones
sony xperia z1 c6903 metallic purple - screen cracked, broken digitizer
sony xperia z c6603 royal purple - faulty backplate, returned
samsung galaxy s3 lte (gt-i9305n) marble white - sold... no more samsungs for me
htc one x glacier white - dead :'(
apple iphone 4s white - sold
The Following User Says Thank You to Rekoil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pannekoek28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Thank you. My phone was under 20 percent when I tried it. I will try it soon again when my phone is above 20. It did work with the original cable, when my phone was below 20%
did I help you? Please press the THANKS button

want to make a DROPBOX account? use THIS link and we both get a free 500mb bonus!
want to get even MORE space? COPY is a new service just like dropbox. Use THIS referral link and you get 20GB instead of 15GB for a lifetime! limited offer!

My phone specs:
Sony Xperia S LT26i
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
eXistenZ Ultra 1.0.0
Root access: yes
CWM installed: no
Bootloader: locked, but unlockable