FORUMS

Power bank not working correctly

423 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By pannekoek28, Senior Member on 5th July 2014, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, yesterday I bought a power bank, an external power source which I can take everywhere I go.
As soon as it arrived, I charged it for 4 hours. The power bank includes a cable which is used to charge the power bank (through wall charger) and to charge the phone through the power bank.

The following is happening:

When I connect the power bank to my phone, using the original cable, the phone is not charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using the original cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to my phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging.

How do i get it working using the power bamk cable? I don't want to use my charger cable because it is too long and I need it for charging my phone the normal way

6th July 2014, 08:25 AM |#2  
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 480

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannekoek28

Hi, yesterday I bought a power bank, an external power source which I can take everywhere I go.
As soon as it arrived, I charged it for 4 hours. The power bank includes a cable which is used to charge the power bank (through wall charger) and to charge the phone through the power bank.

The following is happening:

When I connect the power bank to my phone, using the original cable, the phone is not charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using the original cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to a Samsung phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging

When I connect the power bank to my phone using my stock charger cable cable, the phone is charging.

How do i get it working using the power bamk cable? I don't want to use my charger cable because it is too long and I need it for charging my phone the normal way

What charge capacity was your phone on when the problem appeared? I have had issues in the past with Xperia Z-family phones not charging from anything except their original chargers when they are below 20% charge, could the issue have been relating to this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rekoil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 11:05 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Thank you. My phone was under 20 percent when I tried it. I will try it soon again when my phone is above 20. It did work with the original cable, when my phone was below 20%
7th July 2015, 10:02 AM |#4  
Flag Dongguan
Thanks Meter: 1

More
sometimes, the cable which the power bank include is of lower quality. You can not expect to use them to charge your phone. You should use your own original cable or buy another short cables. There are a lot in the market,
The Following User Says Thank You to oledetech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2015, 09:19 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
As per oledetech's response I can confirm I have seen this. Older (generally thinner) cables have lower power throughput and seem fine on some phones but won't work with the z1c. Other symptoms may include it switching between charging and not charging every second. The easiest way to tell is to get a thicker charging cable. Doesn't guarantee it but is easiest way to tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to dacow1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread