Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

If i remove tha plastic protector[not about warranty]

OP omaro

13th July 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
Is the glass completely scratch ressistant? Is it pure glass or is it groilla glass?

I honestly dont understand why u wpuld remove it? Its like a perfectly fit protector u never bought :P
14th July 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,231

3,185 posts
More
Hello Omaro,
Z1 Compact uses Dragontrail glass which is as strong as gorilla glass. The glas does however not come with a oleophobic coating

As an answer to your first question there's no glass which is 100% scratchproof. Minerals can scratch pretty much any types of glass, and by minerals I'm talking about sand, stones etc etc.

The reason why most people wants to remove the preinstalled antishatterfilm is due to that it collects dust, fingerprints and its very easy to scratch. It's not recommended to remove it if you're not planning to apply a oleophobic coating on top of the glass.

Hope my answer cleared any doubts,
DevStaff

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Last edited by GethPrime; 14th July 2014 at 02:35 AM.
14th July 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 33

338 posts
More
The surface of the glass under the plastic film is not as smooth as other phone screens. I think this is because it is not intended to be used without a film above it.

I removed Sonys plastic film and added Orzly Tempered Glass Screen Protector (you can use any other tampered glass protector). nearly perfect for my and much more scratch resistant than with the plastic film.
14th July 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,231

3,185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchofiesta

The surface of the glass under the plastic film is not as smooth as other phone screens. I think this is because it is not intended to be used without a film above it.

I removed Sonys plastic film and added Orzly Tempered Glass Screen Protector (you can use any other tampered glass protector). nearly perfect for my and much more scratch resistant than with the plastic film.

The reason because it does not feel as smooth is because of that there's no olephobic coating on top of the glass. You need to apply one yourself using a liquid solution, and it'll feel like on any other phone.
14th July 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

59 posts
thanks guys^

but does this olephobic coating u speak of wear off after time?

EDIT: btw I cant see any anti shatter film on the backside of my phone. Shouldnt there be on there as well?

ty in advance.

btw great phone.
Last edited by omaro; 14th July 2014 at 07:46 PM.
15th July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #6  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 18

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaro

...btw I cant see any anti shatter film on the backside of my phone. Shouldnt there be on there as well?

nope. the z1c has a plastic black. no shatter-protection necessary, but causes the flashbleed problem. some people have replaced theirs with the glass back from the z1f, though.
15th July 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 20

197 posts
More
I don't have any screen protector and am very happy with that. No need to put some ugly stuff on the front glass.
16th July 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steanne

nope. the z1c has a plastic black. no shatter-protection necessary, but causes the flashbleed problem. some people have replaced theirs with the glass back from the z1f, though.

but wont that cause som nasty scratches over time?

My s4 never got scratshes and i didnt use protecotrs. So a glass back would be a neat feature.
16th July 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli

I don't have any screen protector and am very happy with that. No need to put some ugly stuff on the front glass.

Dito.

Regarding the plastic back cover:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaro

but wont that cause som nasty scratches over time?

Yes, that will happen.

Quote:

So a glass back would be a neat feature.

That's why many people (including me) replaced their back cover with the one made of glass from the Japanese Z1f:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710603

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread