FORUMS

SIM card detected, but "Emergency Calls Only"

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Shilq, Junior Member on 22nd January 2016, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi. Recently, my signal bars on my phone went blank and I can't get my signal back. I tried to remove/reinsert my SIM card and after a few tries, my phone stopped detecting it altogether. I got a new SIM card, but the problem still persists. Searching for service providers gives several results, but all of them are "unavailable at the moment". Factory reset didn't help either. Please help

22nd January 2016, 09:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilq

Hi. Recently, my signal bars on my phone went blank and I can't get my signal back. I tried to remove/reinsert my SIM card and after a few tries, my phone stopped detecting it altogether. I got a new SIM card, but the problem still persists. Searching for service providers gives several results, but all of them are "unavailable at the moment". Factory reset didn't help either. Please help

If it was working fine and you didn't change anything and all of a sudden you just get no signal, I would first call your service provider and have them check it out, and if they say everything's OK, you should get a new sim, and have them switch the number to it, and if that doesn't work, it's probably a hw failure. The only things you could check on the phone is if you accidentally switched data off, or hit airplane mode, etc.
23rd January 2016, 01:25 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by levone1

If it was working fine and you didn't change anything and all of a sudden you just get no signal, I would first call your service provider and have them check it out, and if they say everything's OK, you should get a new sim, and have them switch the number to it, and if that doesn't work, it's probably a hw failure. The only things you could check on the phone is if you accidentally switched data off, or hit airplane mode, etc.

Airplane mode is off, data is on. I already got a new SIM, but the problem persists. Sadly, I'm not sure I can call my service provider, since I'm studying abroad and I'm yet to learn the language. And I'm really hoping it's not the hardware, it shouldn't be. Also, I don't have signal bars
Last edited by Shilq; 23rd January 2016 at 02:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)