TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more
Post Reply

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, no LCD display

OP seaspray99

30th August 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks
30th August 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #2  
GethPrime's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,185
 
3,174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspray99

Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

Hello @seaspray99,
Are you 100% sure that you've connected it properly and that you've not damaged the flex cable or the contacts on the mainboard?

Keelah se'lai,
GethPrime
30th August 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Definitely connected ok tried even holding it down while connected.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GethPrime

Hello @seaspray99,
Are you 100% sure that you've connected it properly and that you've not damaged the flex cable or the contacts on the mainboard?

Keelah se'lai,
GethPrime

30th August 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #4  
GethPrime's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,185
 
3,174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspray99

Definitely connected ok tried even holding it down while connected.

Hello @seaspray99,
Did you replace just the glas or the entire display assembly?
30th August 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
The entire display, but it stopped working after it was dropped, I thought the LCD had been damaged but it's definitely not that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GethPrime

Hello @seaspray99,
Did you replace just the glas or the entire display assembly?

31st August 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #6  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,416
 
7,325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Could be anything if the screen works when tested, might have damaged the board in the fall.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Compact Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank