FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, no LCD display

30th August 2014, 10:52 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks
 
 
30th August 2014, 01:59 PM |#2  
GethPrime's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspray99

Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

Hello @seaspray99,
Are you 100% sure that you've connected it properly and that you've not damaged the flex cable or the contacts on the mainboard?

Keelah se'lai,
GethPrime
30th August 2014, 02:07 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Definitely connected ok tried even holding it down while connected.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GethPrime

Hello @seaspray99,
Are you 100% sure that you've connected it properly and that you've not damaged the flex cable or the contacts on the mainboard?

Keelah se'lai,
GethPrime

30th August 2014, 02:24 PM |#4  
GethPrime's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspray99

Definitely connected ok tried even holding it down while connected.

Hello @seaspray99,
Did you replace just the glas or the entire display assembly?
30th August 2014, 06:39 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The entire display, but it stopped working after it was dropped, I thought the LCD had been damaged but it's definitely not that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GethPrime

Hello @seaspray99,
Did you replace just the glas or the entire display assembly?

31st August 2014, 12:12 PM |#6  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,507
 
More
Could be anything if the screen works when tested, might have damaged the board in the fall.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes