FORUMS

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, no LCD display

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By seaspray99, Junior Member on 30th August 2014, 11:52 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

30th August 2014, 02:59 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,403

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspray99

Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

Hello @seaspray99,
Are you 100% sure that you've connected it properly and that you've not damaged the flex cable or the contacts on the mainboard?

Keelah se'lai,
GethPrime
30th August 2014, 03:07 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Definitely connected ok tried even holding it down while connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GethPrime

Hello @seaspray99,
Are you 100% sure that you've connected it properly and that you've not damaged the flex cable or the contacts on the mainboard?

Keelah se'lai,
GethPrime

30th August 2014, 03:24 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,403

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaspray99

Definitely connected ok tried even holding it down while connected.

Hello @seaspray99,
Did you replace just the glas or the entire display assembly?
30th August 2014, 07:39 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
The entire display, but it stopped working after it was dropped, I thought the LCD had been damaged but it's definitely not that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GethPrime

Hello @seaspray99,
Did you replace just the glas or the entire display assembly?

31st August 2014, 01:12 PM |#6  
Could be anything if the screen works when tested, might have damaged the board in the fall.
29th December 2015, 11:25 PM |#7  

More
i have the same problem, Old LCD was partially broken, replaced it, not working with new one. Used a new flatcable, still not working, No Led or Startup screen. Only vibrates 1 or 3 times with power button
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)