Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, no LCD display

Search This thread

seaspray99

May 25, 2013
Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 3493119

Hi, I have an Xperia Z1 Compact, I dropped it, smashed the screen and ordered a replacement screen, fitted it and I can hear it booting up and all the associated sounds so I know it's on but there's no display, I thought it was a faulty screen so sent it back ad received another one but it's still the same, I know it works as I've tested it on another Cmpact and it's fine so clearly a problem with the hardware of the phone, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

Hello @seaspray99,
Are you 100% sure that you've connected it properly and that you've not damaged the flex cable or the contacts on the mainboard?

Keelah se'lai,
GethPrime

ODF82

Nov 20, 2014
i have the same problem, Old LCD was partially broken, replaced it, not working with new one. Used a new flatcable, still not working, No Led or Startup screen. Only vibrates 1 or 3 times with power button