Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

[Q] Stuck in bootloop, how can I backup pictures from stock phone?

OP AndyGizzle

4th September 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #21  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 381

503 posts
More
Have you tried flashing with the 'remove customisations' enabled? Not sure that this will help, but worth a try. Avoid 'wipe data'.
If it's hanging at boot after a flash of new rom then it's possibly hardware fault, a device failing, that is causing the freeze. the only way to resolve that is to send it back to Sony.
Was the freeze after a failed flash or mod of some kind?
If not then Sony should fix it under warranty.
Don't know what else to suggest, sorry.
5th September 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 1,312

897 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgesteve

Have you tried flashing with the 'remove customisations' enabled? Not sure that this will help, but worth a try. Avoid 'wipe data'.
If it's hanging at boot after a flash of new rom then it's possibly hardware fault, a device failing, that is causing the freeze. the only way to resolve that is to send it back to Sony.
Was the freeze after a failed flash or mod of some kind?
If not then Sony should fix it under warranty.
Don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

Have you actually done 'reset customizations' ? The author of flashtool says it's factory reset: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1973

I think my previous post was wrong and 'Wipe data' (aka userdata.sin) actually wipes the whole userdata partition (which is mounted on /data, pictures are in /data/media).
26th September 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #23  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

71 posts
More
Hi, with the impression that we had no other choice, we flashed the latest stock rom through flashboot with "DATA" ticked.

Fortunately the phone now boots, but unfortunately the photos are gone. Tried using Recuva, but it seems that's not possible over MTP, and internal storage is only avaiable through MTP.

Is there anything at all we can try now, or should we just settle with having lost the photos?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread