Superuser asking to update binary (SU) and possibly crashing phone

OP kickling

8th October 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

35 posts
Hi guys, today my phone started to become unresponsive and crash. I have to hard-reset the phone with the emergency power-off switch under the flap. When I power up again Superuser alerts me that "the Superuser binary (su) must be updated", and that I can "cancel" or "Recovery Install" ... neither option fixes anything. I have never got this option before, even after updating to the latest 4.4.4 firmware.

I have the latest SuperSU installed ... is there a way I can get rid of Superuser and rely solely upon SuperSU only? I tried removing Superuser by using the automated removal process that SuperSU offered, but it just hangs and does nothing. I assume that Superuser and SuperSU perform the same role?

Perhaps I can safely disable Superuser knowing that SuperSU will do the job?

I have a feeling that there is a conflict with Superuser and SuperSU and is why my phone keeps crashing!

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Last edited by kickling; 8th October 2014 at 01:41 PM.
8th October 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,412

7,321 posts
More
Reflash a stock ftf and start from scratch in these situations, it's quicker than a Q&A trying to find out how and why you've ended up with both SU and Superuser installed in the first place.
8th October 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

35 posts
Ok great, thanks for the info. Excuse my ignorance, but will this mean i lose all data? Ie do i need to do the whole root process again? Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread