When I updated to .108 yesterday, I forgot a couple of steps along the way and wound up having to run a repair through PCC, which is a real pain. That meant reinstalling my apps, passwords, apn, etc, which took me most of the day.
Make sure you have USB Debugging and Unknown Sources turned on. When I first thought I had it rooted, it actually wasn't. A black screen will pop up letting you know that the program is running. I used Root Checker to make sure it was done. Afterwards, I installed Busybox from the Play store and Dual Recovery from here on XDA. As soon as I had Recovery, I immediately made a backup. Then I was able to successfully install Xposed Framework and all of my modules. I made a couple more backups along the way until I got the phone back to exactly how I wanted it, made one more backup and deleted the old ones.
I probably made things much more difficult than necessary, but I'm happy with the way it turned out, and was able to do some housekeeping along the way. On the down side, we'll have to do it all over again when Android L comes out.