Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Update To 14.4.A.0.108

OP rebecker

31st August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 10

87 posts
More
When I updated to .108 yesterday, I forgot a couple of steps along the way and wound up having to run a repair through PCC, which is a real pain. That meant reinstalling my apps, passwords, apn, etc, which took me most of the day.

Make sure you have USB Debugging and Unknown Sources turned on. When I first thought I had it rooted, it actually wasn't. A black screen will pop up letting you know that the program is running. I used Root Checker to make sure it was done. Afterwards, I installed Busybox from the Play store and Dual Recovery from here on XDA. As soon as I had Recovery, I immediately made a backup. Then I was able to successfully install Xposed Framework and all of my modules. I made a couple more backups along the way until I got the phone back to exactly how I wanted it, made one more backup and deleted the old ones.

I probably made things much more difficult than necessary, but I'm happy with the way it turned out, and was able to do some housekeeping along the way. On the down side, we'll have to do it all over again when Android L comes out.

dave
31st August 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 42

149 posts
How to know if i have new or old .108 version? What are changes in camera?
I can see it is 1,44gb in /system. So that would be new version...i suppose
Last edited by mlesic; 31st August 2014 at 10:02 PM.
31st August 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #33  
Flag Depok
Thanks Meter: 167

597 posts
More
Turns out just had to re root again as I didn't finish on the first time, teehee 😋 Xposed works just fine now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread