Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Alarm + Earphone = Bug?

Tip us?

lezius
Old
(Last edited by lezius; 21st August 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Alarm + Earphone = Bug?

Hello,

It seems that I have a bug or something I don't manage to set.

When I plug my earphone, smart connect launch walkman ("home listning" as I don't have microphone on my earphone), and everything is great.
But if the alarm have to ring, it ring in the earphone (I want that ) but it ring on the phone speaker too.

-- edit --

New try : I disable Smart Connect and don't launch walkman , plug my earphone and wait for the alarm. It ring in the earphone and on the phone speaker

-- end edit

I'm in 14.4.A.0.108, try to repair the phone with PC Companion and nothing work (the bug is present since I have the phone in earlier system version). I did all my test with a rooted phone but bootlocked.

Am I the only one with this issue? Is it a bug or a bad setting?

Ty for your answers

Gjole86
Old
Thanks Meter 85
the alarms are supposed to ring on all speakers at all times, so no, don't say its bug. its working as it should be.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Black - Locked Bootloader - Rooted - Stock 4.4.4
Sony 32GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC R40
Join DROPBOX Today!

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I agree, I'd consider it broken if it only used the headphones. There could be an option of course, but since (or of) there's none, this is expected behaviour.

lezius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjole86 View Post
the alarms are supposed to ring on all speakers at all times, so no, don't say its bug. its working as it should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iruwen View Post
I agree, I'd consider it broken if it only used the headphones. There could be an option of course, but since (or of) there's none, this is expected behaviour.
I think it's not the expected behavior as if I put headphones, it's to avoid bothering other people (for example in train, in public place or at home).

Gjole86
Old
Thanks Meter 85
alright, what if u are home listening music, fall asleep, headphones fall off your ears and you miss the alarm because it played on headphones only.

its working as it should.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Black - Locked Bootloader - Rooted - Stock 4.4.4
Sony 32GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC R40
Join DROPBOX Today!

The Following User Says Thank You to Gjole86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lezius
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjole86 View Post
alright, what if u are home listening music, fall asleep, headphones fall off your ears and you miss the alarm because it played on headphones only.

its working as it should.
It's the headphones who doesn't work as it should if they fall

I sleep every day in train with headphones and they don't move but every day when it ring I bother other people in train... Don't work as it should.