Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 274

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK

http://smartphonetechie.com/sony-kee...-in-xperia-z3/
That is a rumor news, no official. But I do believe it because there is not much surprise on z3/z3c, I wonder without the software revolution what's left on the new phones?

I don't actually think Sony will release it for z1/z1c/z2 but since we are all still using the same camera module, that mean we can port it but only after when we received Android L updates and xposed released ART ver because Android L will remove dalvik mode and xposed currently no ART.

We should receive Android L at Q1 2015 if L no late and it will also take some time to do porting. So, at the end it is a long waiting time. Personally, I have a high chance to just stick with z1c on 2015 because I don't real want to spend too much again on Sony and z3c is quite big in my opinion. evleak said 4.5" but from the leaked picture the size more believable at around 4.55" - 4.6". I give the chance for Sony this year and if I want to upgrade I would like to try Iphone, Samsung or go back HTC next time.

SA(auto scene modes) will only work with 8M originally and that mod made it also works on 20MP but high burst mode should no longer working correctly and 20MP SA also got bad focus. It's just not good to use 20MP SA mod.

Great explanation! Thank you. I am using the modded z2 camera but it freezes sometimes and loading times are slow. And it shows black screen 50% of time

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th July 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 350

1,247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidInsanity

Great explanation! Thank you. I am using the modded z2 camera but it freezes sometimes and loading times are slow. And it shows black screen 50% of time

Do you mean the v7 8M? It does got little freeze and slow loading but the problem should not be that big.
26th July 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 274

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK

Do you mean the v7 8M? It does got little freeze and slow loading but the problem should not be that big.

No idea as the one I am using is implemented into a ROM (kitkatslim I think the ROM is called)

27th July 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #14  

1,247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidInsanity

No idea as the one I am using is implemented into a ROM (kitkatslim I think the ROM is called)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=657
They are different mods from different devs. If you are on kitkatslim evo8.0/8.1, you can flash this patch to return to stock then flash the v7 8MP mode. Remember to clean all settings related with camera every time before you flash mod.

But I may forced back 4.4.2 my Sony SmartWatch2 doesn't seems working good with 4.4.4, some of my sw2 apps not yet updated to fully working under 4.4.4. I'll need to do some more testing to confirm it. And I think the 4k recording quality dropped very slightly in v7 because it used more of libs from z1c stock 4.4.4 and affected the 4k quality this is my guess. We will need to wait for z2 4.4.4 release to real fix all problem.
Last edited by TheEndHK; 27th July 2014 at 07:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheEndHK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #15  

1,247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iruwen

I was refering to the kernel with recovery, not dual recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=83
Good news! I finally have time to test it and confirm it to be successful and I've updated my guide now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheEndHK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 62

230 posts
I just flashed the rom and the kernel and it works for me as well, cool And thanks for your guide.
27th July 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 9

924 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iruwen

I just flashed the rom and the kernel and it works for me as well, cool And thanks for your guide.

Is recovery still working?
28th July 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 62

230 posts
Yep.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread