Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you please see if yours is the same for me

Tip us?

dougie175
Old
(Last edited by dougie175; 13th August 2014 at 05:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Can you please see if yours is the same for me

I have had my Z1C for a couple of days now, but I have found one missing feature in chrome I am struggling to live without that my xperia t on 4.3 had working perfectly.

Its the magnifier box that pops up when you hit a link close the another one and it just wants you to confirm exactly hat you were pressing, it doesn't do it at all on my Z1C running 4.4.2?

I have looked through the settings, what few there are but I cant find anything to enable it?

Any help anyone has would really be appreciated.

Thank You
Xperia T LT30p | ROM: Deodexed & Rooted 9.2.A.0.295 Android 4.3 | Bootloder Unlock: Yes

lebooo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
When I first got my z1c I was running 4.4.4 and chrome did have this feature. I haven't noticed it lately, though. Perhaps google removed it in an update.

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Sorry just realised yes I'm running 4.4.4, but can't find a way to get the feature working, it makes navigating desktop style sites very difficult, I'm forget zooming in and out.

Can anyone confirm they have 4.4.4 and this is working? Thank you
Xperia T LT30p | ROM: Deodexed & Rooted 9.2.A.0.295 Android 4.3 | Bootloder Unlock: Yes

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Can anyone else please try chrome on their 4.4.4 Z1C and see if they get the magnifier on links where it is not 100% on which link you pressed.

Its a feature I am really missing, both my T and Z1C are running the same version of chrome but the T does it and the z1c doesn't.

Thank You

potatobobguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie175 View Post
Can anyone else please try chrome on their 4.4.4 Z1C and see if they get the magnifier on links where it is not 100% on which link you pressed.

Its a feature I am really missing, both my T and Z1C are running the same version of chrome but the T does it and the z1c doesn't.

Thank You
Yeah I loved having that feature on my old HTC One X. My Z1c running Cyanogenmod 11 M9 (4.4.4) does not get the pop up magnifier thing... As far as I remember even when I was on stock I never got it.

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobobguy View Post
Yeah I loved having that feature on my old HTC One X. My Z1c running Cyanogenmod 11 M9 (4.4.4) does not get the pop up magnifier thing... As far as I remember even when I was on stock I never got it.
Hmmmm so seems its something the affects all of us. Anyone out there want to find a way to fix it through xposed framework and make my Z1C perfect hehe

If anyone has it working please let me know as its such a great feature for letting you browse desktop sites on a mobile.

Cheers

lebooo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/i...tail?id=379876

Here is a discussion about the problem. Towards the bottom there is talk of a fix in future updates. An xperia z2 user claims to have the same problem

Quote:
Some touch devices report either zero or unreasonably small touch sizes. While
this doesn't present a problem for gesture detection, it does affect the
behavior of the touch-derived gestures. For example, tap disambiguation is
prevented if the tap gesture's size is sufficiently small.

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebooo View Post
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/i...tail?id=379876

Here is a discussion about the problem. Towards the bottom there is talk of a fix in future updates. An xperia z2 user claims to have the same problem
Hmmmm ok so at least its not just me, hopefully this is fixed with future updates as its a feature I really miss.

Thanks