Z1C Screen Cracked by itself

Search This thread

constantine243

Jan 5, 2013
Bangalore
Collecting reports of this issue and will visit them on Saturday, i f they refused i'll file a case in consumer court India, buyied with my whole years saving and dont have anything now

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

DiederikC

Sep 28, 2011
Collecting reports of this issue and will visit them on Saturday, i f they refused i'll file a case in consumer court India, buyied with my whole years saving and dont have anything now

i dont have the issue, but i wish you the best of luck!
and i'm almost sure they will fix it as your device is still under waranty! :)
Goodluck and take care :)

Reactions: constantine243

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
It's not Sony's fault for a few cracked screens here and there.It's your own carelessness in 99.99% of the times if this were to happen to you.

You're missing the point, I'm aware that the cracking of the screen was my own fault, I'm talking about that cracking the screen causes the phone to be unusable due to the touch only being usable on one side of the crack post-issue.

Iruwen

Dec 14, 2012
Different materials, display types, internal wiring, additional layers, coincidence... your sample size is way too small, crack 1000 or 10000 displays of each device and see what happens then.

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Different materials, display types, internal wiring, additional layers, coincidence... your sample size is way too small, crack 1000 or 10000 displays of each device and see what happens then.

Your right it is small, but as it stands I have 3 cracked screens, and 3 broken digitizers... in my opinion that's quite an alarming statistic. (two personally, one Z1 and one Z1C, and one friends Z1C)

Last edited:

zike47222

Apr 12, 2014
I broke my screen by dropping it from my bed. it hit the front edge of the screen on a board. Should i send it to Sony they say there is no warranty or should i fix it myself??? what would be cheaper? screens cost 120$+

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
Screen crack repaired

I had a cracked screen, a small hairline crack, horizontal, about two thirds of the way up the screen. I don't know how it happened, I didn't sit on it or drop it or use it any way out of the ordinary.
At first I didn't see it and couldn't understand why the top half of the screen had stopped responding.
I called Sony support and logged a case for unresponsive screen. After trying all the things they suggested it was agreed to send it back to the support centre.
A week later they sent it back to me with a repaired screen.
Sony are the best. There aren't any other manufacturers out there who do screen fixes for nothing.

bucephalus00

Jun 3, 2015
I discovered a small hairline crack / blemish near the bottom / left of my z1 compact today. I don't recall having any accidents with this phone, certainly no droppages or collisions, and I've only had it for seven days. the first time I noticed it was after it had been on charge for a while.
Although, probably not being fair to myself here, I'm not ruling out the keys in my pocket contacting the screen so it could be a scratch. Either way, I don't want to be staring at the 1/2 inch line for the next two years.
Should I send it in to Sony? If so, is there a way they can actually tell if it is due to poor workmanship and fix the phone FOC? Or do they only do that to customers that complain the loudest?

I love the phone btw

bucephalus00

Jun 3, 2015
My Z owning friend thinks it is just a scratch and was probably the keys in my pocket. nonetheless I'm gonna let Sony take a look

constantine243

Jan 5, 2013
Bangalore
this is happening quet often to Z series, i got my brand new mobile from Sony, its been 9 months now with handset and no problems but one, it heats alot normal usage pump ups to 48 degrees dont know why

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
Just came back from an authorized Sony service centre in Mumbai for cracked / broken screen. They said my screen and motherboard needs to be replaced, screen i understood, but when i told thme to explain how on earth do I need the motherboard replaced so they had no definitive or technical answer to it, which i wasn't surprised, btw. :) Since, in my opinion if at all
motherboard was damaged it would not have even started, rather, it was just plainly on for all this while at the service centre and otherwise.
They quoted me Rs. 18k for both. I said just replace the screen not motherboard and gimme the estimation, that's when started tell, sir you have rooted your phone that's why motherboard got damaged and all. I laughed my ass off and told him give me back phone just as it, i'll get it repaired from UN-authorized service centre :)

Now tomorrow i'll go to the an Un-authorized service centre, wish me luck. hahaha

P.S I've promised myself not to buy anything above $300-$350 phone and if i ever become a millionaire, I'd rather hire a hot secretary than, to buy an above $300-$350 phone.
What do you say mates?

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
What do you say mates?

Not sure why you sent a rooted phone back to a Sony service center. It would have taken all of twenty minutes to wipe it and put a stock rom back on, then there would have been no issues with warranty.
Not unless you had lost your TA keys.
I had my screen replaced by Sony for free. I had to un-root my phone before I sent it back, but you should factory reset your phone before sending it to any repair shop, you wouldn't want any strangers looking at your pictures/contacts.
A new Z1c screen should cost $50, there are lots of screen change videos on youtube, why not fix it yourself?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I actually work for a phone company in Australia and had someone come in with this issue. TBH physical damage is defined by a cracked screen and no matter how many times you say you didn't do it the outcome will be the same (if only you knew the stories ive heard). Unless Sony publicly admits fault then any repair centre will charge for physical damage. I advised my customer to speak to Sony directly to get a case open and to send the handset directly to Sony repair once they say they will fix it.
    That's not true and a very uneducated, inflammatory opinion.
    Thankz for the response, i am collecting all comments on various forums about users problem, and will make a case file and then visit the sony service center hope they understand, the crack is not visible from the from but at tilting angles

I agree wid ur problem...
    This is a problem which i have seen only in the z series...and only reason i didnt went for z1 instead of n5,... I hope u get repair under warranty for it.

i dont have the issue, but i wish you the best of luck!
    and i'm almost sure they will fix it as your device is still under waranty! :)
    Goodluck and take care :)
    Guys good news i got my phone from and that too its a new handset on top of it free of cost :victory: