FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Z1C Screen Cracked by itself

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th September 2014, 10:46 PM |#31  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Loving just Loving it

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

12th October 2014, 08:11 PM |#32  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

More
It will be very costly,

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
13th October 2014, 02:01 PM |#33  
Behind You
Thanks Meter: 916

More
Newton's First law states that an object at rest stays at rest unless reacted upon by another force. The screen won't crack unless you actually drop or the something horrible to the device UNLESS it was a factory defect which in that case is perfectly understandable
23rd October 2014, 05:57 PM |#34  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 433

More
Screen crack repaired
I had a cracked screen, a small hairline crack, horizontal, about two thirds of the way up the screen. I don't know how it happened, I didn't sit on it or drop it or use it any way out of the ordinary.
At first I didn't see it and couldn't understand why the top half of the screen had stopped responding.
I called Sony support and logged a case for unresponsive screen. After trying all the things they suggested it was agreed to send it back to the support centre.
A week later they sent it back to me with a repaired screen.
Sony are the best. There aren't any other manufacturers out there who do screen fixes for nothing.
3rd June 2015, 11:50 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
I discovered a small hairline crack / blemish near the bottom / left of my z1 compact today. I don't recall having any accidents with this phone, certainly no droppages or collisions, and I've only had it for seven days. the first time I noticed it was after it had been on charge for a while.
Although, probably not being fair to myself here, I'm not ruling out the keys in my pocket contacting the screen so it could be a scratch. Either way, I don't want to be staring at the 1/2 inch line for the next two years.
Should I send it in to Sony? If so, is there a way they can actually tell if it is due to poor workmanship and fix the phone FOC? Or do they only do that to customers that complain the loudest?

I love the phone btw
4th June 2015, 11:08 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My Z owning friend thinks it is just a scratch and was probably the keys in my pocket. nonetheless I'm gonna let Sony take a look
11th June 2015, 06:00 PM |#37  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

More
this is happening quet often to Z series, i got my brand new mobile from Sony, its been 9 months now with handset and no problems but one, it heats alot normal usage pump ups to 48 degrees dont know why
11th June 2015, 07:47 PM |#38  
Flag The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 382

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantine243

this is happening quet often to Z series, i got my brand new mobile from Sony, its been 9 months now with handset and no problems but one, it heats alot normal usage pump ups to 48 degrees dont know why

but this is not a hardware, but a software problem (customROM, apps, ...)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread