50 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th August 2015, 03:54 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgesteve

Not sure why you sent a rooted phone back to a Sony service center. It would have taken all of twenty minutes to wipe it and put a stock rom back on, then there would have been no issues with warranty.
Not unless you had lost your TA keys.
I had my screen replaced by Sony for free. I had to un-root my phone before I sent it back, but you should factory reset your phone before sending it to any repair shop, you wouldn't want any strangers looking at your pictures/contacts.
A new Z1c screen should cost $50, there are lots of screen change videos on youtube, why not fix it yourself?

Thanks, brother. Firstly mine was out of warranty, secondly, i'll take your advice about fixing it myself. If some could point me in right direction about the
LCD+DIGITIZER the exact replacement part. Yes, i'll try to locate myself too.

26th August 2015, 09:59 AM |#42  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 434

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathaniya

Thanks, brother. Firstly mine was out of warranty, secondly, i'll take your advice about fixing it myself. If some could point me in right direction about the
LCD+DIGITIZER the exact replacement part. Yes, i'll try to locate myself too.

Replacment screens are available here
There are cheaper screens available, but you need to check that they come with the sticker to stick them back in place and the tools to get the old one out.
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgesteve For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)