FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[REQUEST] How to reinstall Stock G2 Browser (On Affliction rom)

26th September 2014, 11:46 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I am running Affliction (stable) rom and love it. But the only thing I am really missing is the stock G2 (LS980) browser.
Anyone know how I can add it back? I have tried a few different ways but still cannot get it to work. I am pretty sure that Affliction Rom is De-Odexed, so I would need a version and instructions for that.
Thank you!
 
 
3rd October 2014, 07:03 PM |#2  
Abu Nazir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
Might b wrong section but i have to admit i would like to have this also. Peace bro

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app
5th October 2014, 04:05 AM |#3  
rocket321's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 504
 
More
What do you like about the stock browser? I've been using Chrome since my last phone and don't think I've even launched the stock browser ever.
5th October 2014, 07:56 AM |#4  
siggey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 377
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket321

What do you like about the stock browser? I've been using Chrome since my last phone and don't think I've even launched the stock browser ever.

That's a valid opinion, but stock is stock and sometimes is better. It is not bloat, so why it was removed? Like the weather widget... I think that developer can't solve some problems so he removed parts of the rom. And thats a no solution....
5th October 2014, 08:30 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 681
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggey

That's a valid opinion, but stock is stock and sometimes is better. It is not bloat, so why it was removed? Like the weather widget... I think that developer can't solve some problems so he removed parts of the rom. And thats a no solution....

Solution or not. It is by name his ROM, and this how he wishes it to be. Those that don't can add or remove things.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
6th October 2014, 11:37 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Well I am asking to have it back because I like using the stock browser for.....other things.

This way when I am done using it, I do not have to go and clear out my history like I do with Chrome browser, which will also show on my PC and other Google connected devices, but I don't really want to turn history off due to Google Now and other functions. Mainly though, I just like the lightness of the stock browser. If the dev of Affliction removed it due to compatibility issues, then so be it. Nothing I can do about that.

I was just wondering how I can get it back on there, what APK I will need (Ones I have found are original w/Odex file...no good), and how to make it work. None of the other G2 browsers I have tried work. They all FC.
7th October 2014, 10:23 PM |#7  
barleysoda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL

Well I am asking to have it back because I like using the stock browser for.....other things.

This way when I am done using it, I do not have to go and clear out my history like I do with Chrome browser, which will also show on my PC and other Google connected devices, but I don't really want to turn history off due to Google Now and other functions. Mainly though, I just like the lightness of the stock browser. If the dev of Affliction removed it due to compatibility issues, then so be it. Nothing I can do about that.

I was just wondering how I can get it back on there, what APK I will need (Ones I have found are original w/Odex file...no good), and how to make it work. None of the other G2 browsers I have tried work. They all FC.

I am with you! the stock browser is great and has its uses. I needed it too so I ended up using a different ZVD rom that contained the stock browser and was closer to stock in many other areas as well.
8th October 2014, 03:57 PM |#8  
rocket321's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 504
 
More
If you can find another deodexed rom with the stock browser, you can easily pull the apk out of the zip file (/system/app) and then copy it to your phone and use a root browser (such as rom toolbox) and move it to /system/app on your phone. Then it should show up in your apps list for use.
The Following User Says Thank You to rocket321 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2014, 05:01 PM |#9  
lurtis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2763290


Post #2 has download links to restore stock browser

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lurtis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2014, 02:45 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtis

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2763290


Post #2 has download links to restore stock browser

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

lurtis, thanks mate! This did the trick.

But since the method in that thread has a zip file including the framework for a ZVC based rom, I decided it would be best to just extract the deodexed LGBrowser.apk from it to avoid any issues.
Dropped it into system/apps, adjusted permissions, and rebooted. When it came back up it worked great.
Anyone doing this, just make sure that you change to the correct permissions BEFORE the reboot or it will not install. Took me a few times before I figured out why it wouldn't work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes