Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ZVD starts rolling out today

OP MarioMoPho

1st August 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku98523

I updated and still have root so you are probably ok to just update as long as you don't have a custom recovery.

I posted my own ZVD custom rom that can be flashed in TWRP by the way
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artifesto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifesto

I posted my own ZVD custom rom that can be flashed in TWRP by the way

Where, and can I dirty flash and not lose anything? I get real tired of constantly reinstalling and setting everything up again. I've tried using titanium backup and restoring, but nothing ever really comes out the same for me. If not dirty flash, can anyone recommend steps you use to successfully restore?
2nd August 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondietz1

Where, and can I dirty flash and not lose anything? I get real tired of constantly reinstalling and setting everything up again. I've tried using titanium backup and restoring, but nothing ever really comes out the same for me. If not dirty flash, can anyone recommend steps you use to successfully restore?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...d-zvd-t2834292

you can dirty flash if you absolutely want to, the rom will format your system partition automatically so you don't have to worry about that. But i'd definitely format your cache and dalvik. But I can't promise your going to get the best experience out of a dirty flash
The Following User Says Thank You to Artifesto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #34  
kryptonite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Updated to ZVD , but cannot replace the /etc/apns-conf.xml file , keeps saying Read-only file system . Any pointers ?

I was able to Root and SIM unclock on this firmware , but cannot get my Data conection going because of the above.
7th September 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #35  
Senior Member
Flag Lake Villa
Thanks Meter: 573
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite

Updated to ZVD , but cannot replace the /etc/apns-conf.xml file , keeps saying Read-only file system . Any pointers ?

I was able to Root and SIM unclock on this firmware , but cannot get my Data conection going because of the above.

Are you using a root explorer. Your system might not be set to write and on read only

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
7th September 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #36  
kryptonite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.animal

Are you using a root explorer. Your system might not be set to write and on read only

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I tried this manually via adb shell , then su.

I installed root explorer , any ideas on how to set system to write ?
7th September 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #37  
SaintZ93's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 349
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite

I tried this manually via adb shell , then su.

I installed root explorer , any ideas on how to set system to write ?

In the adb commands remember to type remount rw before making file changed.
7th September 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #38  
kryptonite's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintZ93

In the adb commands remember to type remount rw before making file changed.

when I do "adb remount rw" I get the below.

remount failed: Permission denied

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite

when I do "adb remount rw" I get the below.

remount failed: Permission denied

Fixed with adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system" sorry about that, I still dont seem to be able to find the place where I can define APNs.

Any pointers ?

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Followed


1. Replace apns-conf.xml in Folder /etc/
2. Delete File telephony.db and mmssms.db in Folder /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
3. Reboot

And its fixed . Thanks ALL
8th September 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #39  
SaintZ93's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 349
 
311 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite

when I do "adb remount rw" I get the below.

remount failed: Permission denied

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------



Fixed with adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system" sorry about that, I still dont seem to be able to find the place where I can define APNs.

Any pointers ?

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Followed


1. Replace apns-conf.xml in Folder /etc/
2. Delete File telephony.db and mmssms.db in Folder /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
3. Reboot

And its fixed . Thanks ALL

Do this, type:

1. adb devices (make sure your device shows up)
2. type su
3. type adb remount rw
4. adb push DIRECTORY OF FILE system/ect
5. restart device

This should work for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaintZ93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes