Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix weak LTE connection in ZVD firmware

Tip us?

jayt0625
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket321 View Post
Yep, if you are rebooting or toggling airplane mode to get LTE, this should fix you up.
Thanks, will give this a shot when I get home...

hotbbq
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If you have noticed after the ZVD update you seem to be on 3g a lot and seem to have problems staying on LTE in locations you previously had good signals, here is a fix I shared in the ZVD update thread which seems to completely resolved the issue:

1. Obtain your MSL
2. open the dialer and enter ##data#
3. Tap LTE and select edit
4. Enter your MSL
5. Select BSRTimer (defaults to 3000) and change the value to 3
6. Press back, phone should reboot
7. Profit

*does not require root

After doing this, I'm back to nearly constant LTE connectivity, where prior to the fix I was on 3g almost every time I checked.
When I tried to edit the field, it automatically changed to a 3 in the edit field. I wonder if they just screwed up the units. 3000 would imply milliseconds, which would be a problem if the field is actually in seconds (3000 seconds = 50 minutes).

1bayne
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
From the phone app - dial pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.animal View Post
You mean data menu

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Thanks guys needed to give an update, this fix worked out great. As I figured we were having work done. Now getting constant Spark LTE.

Sent from my LG-LS980 on Affliction ROM using XDA Free mobile app

myxmastrmike
Old
Thanks Meter 16
is this only for ZVD?
I am still on ZVC and I default to 3G A LOT... distinctly more than I did before ZVC...
I just checked and my BSRTimer is already at 3...is there anything else I could poke around at?

rocket321
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxmastrmike View Post
is this only for ZVD?
I am still on ZVC and I default to 3G A LOT... distinctly more than I did before ZVC...
I just checked and my BSRTimer is already at 3...is there anything else I could poke around at?
Yep, specific fix for a bug introduced in ZVD. if you are on a different version, then it must be some other problem. You might try posting in the Q&A forum.

InFiD3ViL
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbbq View Post
When I tried to edit the field, it automatically changed to a 3 in the edit field. I wonder if they just screwed up the units. 3000 would imply milliseconds, which would be a problem if the field is actually in seconds (3000 seconds = 50 minutes).
I am running Affliction ROM which is on ZVD. This ROM has the 'Permanent LTE mod' enabled.
Just getting curious, I poked around in the LTE BSR Timer setting and found mine is currently set to '0'.
One thing I have noticed since installing the ROM, I am almost ALWAYS on LTE, which is expected since I assume permanent means permanent.

Guess what I am getting at, is I am wondering if setting it to '0' is what the 'Permanent LTE mod' really is/does....anyone have any idea? Because if it is that easy, this may help out a whole lot of people.

BTW, please nobody try doing this until we have a concrete answer.

rocket321
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466
It's possible although I suspect a setting of 0 may increase battery drain in areas with weak LTE signals.