Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HOW-TO][LS-980] Restore, Downgrade, Install CyanogenMod on LG G2

OP official.xian

2nd October 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #51  
supasanch24's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
188 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by official.xian

Oh? I didn't realize that. Everything I've read says that any AOSP ROM won't work unless you're on ZV8. Sweet, I'll look into that. What ZV* did you flash from?

I was rooted and on zvd. Made a nandroid backup with twrp. Downloaded the latest aicp rom and gapps. Wiped everything except internal. Then Flashed the rom then gapps and rebooted. Let the phone activate the data(don't skip, could take up to 5 min). It was that easy. Liquid smooth is pretty sweet too. These are the only two aosp roms I have tried.
2nd October 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #52  
official.xian's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME
Thanks Meter: 18
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24

I was rooted and on zvd. Made a nandroid backup with twrp. Downloaded the latest aicp rom and gapps. Wiped everything except internal. Then Flashed the rom then gapps and rebooted. Let the phone activate the data(don't skip, could take up to 5 min). It was that easy. Liquid smooth is pretty sweet too. These are the only two aosp roms I have tried.

Sweet! Thanks I'll check that out tonight.
11th October 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #53  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2005
I keep seeing references to cyanogen not requiring root anymore. I can't be rooted for work purposes, but am sick of the LG UI.; Can I flash this and somehow have it be unrooted?
13th October 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #54  
official.xian's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME
Thanks Meter: 18
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000

I keep seeing references to cyanogen not requiring root anymore. I can't be rooted for work purposes, but am sick of the LG UI.; Can I flash this and somehow have it be unrooted?

No. This is because in order to install a custom recovery you must be rooted. A custom recovery is what enables you to flash CyanogenMod. Sorry. The same is true for any other ROM. May I ask where you saw that? I haven't seen that but if you can point me in the right direction I can do some more research.
13th October 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #55  
official.xian's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME
Thanks Meter: 18
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24

Thats not entirely true. I have successfully flashed AICP and Liquid Smooth from the G2 original android development thread. I am currently zvd

Did some research, AICP is an AOKP-based ROM, not AOSP. I was able to flash AICP very quickly and easily, I like it to an extent, but it doesn't have QuickWindow by default (I'll look into this later). I haven't tried Liquid Smooth yet, but it is AOSP -based and if I can flash that without a downgrade then I will be blown away. I'll Thank You if I can flash that AOSP without TOT.
16th October 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #56  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2005
http://rootzwiki.com/news/cyanogenmo...ot-by-default/

this was the article I saw from over a year ago about not requiring root. Sounds nothing has come of it yet
16th October 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #57  
official.xian's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME
Thanks Meter: 18
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000

http://rootzwiki.com/news/cyanogenmo...ot-by-default/

this was the article I saw from over a year ago about not requiring root. Sounds nothing has come of it yet

What that's saying is that after you install Cyanogenmod you won't have root access unless you use a specific version. You would still need to be Rooted under stock FW to get recovery and cm.
18th October 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #58  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
How did you root your ls980zvd. For some reason it isnt working for me
19th October 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #59  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
661 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovas440

How did you root your ls980zvd. For some reason it isnt working for me

towelroot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes