FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HOW-TO][LS-980] Restore, Downgrade, Install CyanogenMod on LG G2

1st March 2015, 09:36 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazib0061

I tried almost all methods of rooting my phone including IOROOT, Stump root, towel root and kingo root. But all failed. I have done all steps as per their instructions carefully but failed each time.
Mine is LS980ZVE version
What should I do now. Plz guide me.Need

Have you downgraded to ZV8? Follow my instructions in the original post, downgrade and root. If you still have problems let me know.

2nd March 2015, 03:33 PM |#62  
Flag Sahiwal
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by official.xian

Have you downgraded to ZV8? Follow my instructions in the original post, downgrade and root. If you still have problems let me know.

Is there any way to install nandroid backup on my unrooted G2?
2nd March 2015, 03:37 PM |#63  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Is there any way to install nandroid backup on my unrooted G2?

No, in order to use Nandroid you have to be rooted. You can, however, use other backup programs such as Helium.
2nd March 2015, 04:18 PM |#64  
Flag Sahiwal

More
Quote:

No, in order to use Nandroid you have to be rooted. You can, however, use other backup programs such as Helium.

If something goes wrong how could i restore my current rom?
2nd March 2015, 05:43 PM |#65  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If something goes wrong how could i restore my current rom?

Use a program like Titanium Backup or Helium to backup all your apps and data, then put those files on your computer. As a side note, I would recommending write-protecting those files. Then do whatever you're going to do (such as rooting, installing custom recovery, etc.). Immediately after installing a custom recovery, do a backup of everything. Then do a backup if you switch ROMs. This allows you to go back to a known-good state without using a PC and without having to re-root or reinstall the custom ROM. You can also store these backups on your PC (again write-protect them, and check MD5s to verify a 100% copy) to free up space on your phone. I personally kept 2 backups on my phone, and ran a backup every Sunday. The first backup was right after I installed a new ROM, in the ROM's initial state. After that the 2nd backup would be my weekly backup. These backups can take sever GBs. In the event of a brick or error (or you need to go back to stock for, say, repair, selling, or other reasons), use my tutorial to flash back to stock firmware (LS980ZV7/8/A/C/D/E). Hopefully this helped you!

Also, if you use Helium, copy the entire /sdcard/carbon folder onto your PC. When you restore, copy the folder back after you install Helium, then make a backup of one app (just data) to make Helium look for backups in the folder. Otherwise you won't see them.
The Following User Says Thank You to official.xian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2015, 02:07 AM |#66  
Flag Sahiwal

More

Use a program like Titanium Backup or Helium to backup all your apps and data, then put those files on your computer. As a side note, I would recommending write-protecting those files. Then do whatever you're going to do (such as rooting, installing custom recovery, etc.). Immediately after installing a custom recovery, do a backup of everything. Then do a backup if you switch ROMs. This allows you to go back to a known-good state without using a PC and without having to re-root or reinstall the custom ROM. You can also store these backups on your PC (again write-protect them, and check MD5s to verify a 100% copy) to free up space on your phone. I personally kept 2 backups on my phone, and ran a backup every Sunday. The first backup was right after I installed a new ROM, in the ROM's initial state. After that the 2nd backup would be my weekly backup. These backups can take sever GBs. In the event of a brick or error (or you need to go back to stock for, say, repair, selling, or other reasons), use my tutorial to flash back to stock firmware (LS980ZV7/8/A/C/D/E). Hopefully this helped you!

Also, if you use Helium, copy the entire /sdcard/carbon folder onto your PC. When you restore, copy the folder back after you install Helium, then make a backup of one app (just data) to make Helium look for backups in the folder. Otherwise you won't see them.

Thanks so much dear you are very kind and helping, I got rooted with your method and installed CM12. It was amazing. Plz tell me one thing that CM12 is updated daily as 2 new updates are available since I downloaded on 28Feb. on there site there is 2 new versions like 1 march and 2 march. would it be necessary to update. one thing more they have not shown any update notes regarding what improvement was done in newer version.
Thanks again
9th April 2015, 06:43 PM |#67  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks so much dear you are very kind and helping, I got rooted with your method and installed CM12. It was amazing. Plz tell me one thing that CM12 is updated daily as 2 new updates are available since I downloaded on 28Feb. on there site there is 2 new versions like 1 march and 2 march. would it be necessary to update. one thing more they have not shown any update notes regarding what improvement was done in newer version.
Thanks again

No, you don't need to update, those are just "nightlies", the ROM is compiled once a day, sometimes with very little or no improvements. Until there is another "stable" release, don't bother updating.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread