Thanks Meter: 39

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th April 2015, 07:51 AM |#71  
Flag Gwadar
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by official.xian

Is this an AT&T model G2 or is this a Sprint G2?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Free mobile app

I am so sorry it is Sprint one LS980 i'm sorry i have an AT&T S4 that's why there was a little miss understanding from my side. thanks by the way

Now i have tried a way to unlock the phone by this post here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655133
I used root browser as the TC didnot work for me, but still no luck, still there is a RED mark on signal and a RED marked sim card beside it. Whenever i tried the above said post steps my phone crashes and give an error after every 1-2 seconds and phone is not usable (it is start but the error doesn't let work on it,
Now i have flashed ZVC back and waiting for any suggestions from you and also trying to find out some tutes/idias from the XDA, now lets see who will come first you Sir or my search with the XDA forum's other gurus help. I hope you will be eagle fast trying this tooo : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...596175&page=85

28th April 2015, 11:44 AM |#72  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

I am so sorry it is Sprint one LS980 i'm sorry i have an AT&T S4 that's why there was a little miss understanding from my side. thanks by the way

Now i have tried a way to unlock the phone by this post here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655133
I used root browser as the TC didnot work for me, but still no luck, still there is a RED mark on signal and a RED marked sim card beside it. Whenever i tried the above said post steps my phone crashes and give an error after every 1-2 seconds and phone is not usable (it is start but the error doesn't let work on it,
Now i have flashed ZVC back and waiting for any suggestions from you and also trying to find out some tutes/idias from the XDA, now lets see who will come first you Sir or my search with the XDA forum's other gurus help. I hope you will be eagle fast trying this tooo : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...596175&page=85

Unfortunately I can't help with unlocking your phone. What exactly is it that you're trying to do?

28th April 2015, 12:38 PM |#73  
Flag Gwadar
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Unfortunately I can't help with unlocking your phone. What exactly is it that you're trying to do?

OK, lets start from begining,

I bought a used LG G2 LS980 running ZVC, here in my country (NOT USA), it was doing well and had no big issues, but it had a chinese Root explorer installed in it and was offcourse rooted . And i wanted to update the firmware, while it was not showing any update by checking from settings so i managed to download LGflashtool and the stock ZVC firmware by following this thread (may be yours, if you do not deny the ownership of this thread(I DON'T BLAME YOU PLEASE DON'T MIND BCZ I KNOW PLAYING WITH MY DEVICE WAS MY OWN DECISION)). SO as soon as i finished flashing the firmware my phone restarted and there was no signal, it means my phone was not recognizing my non-sprint sim card, and i have tried many posts to unlock the phone again but i am still not with good luck.

that was the story,
please tell me any way if you think there is one, (The wrong turn i took was to flash ZVC while you said in the post to flash ZV8)

EDITED TODAY ON 30th April, 2015
Thanks guys for all your help i have been successful in unlocking my LS980 and the help of you guys i have learned a lot more than that.
Last edited by talvigi; 30th April 2015 at 05:59 AM. Reason: JOB DONE.
19th May 2015, 09:46 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
HEY DEAR,

Instead of cm11, i wanna install cloudy, can u plz provide correct link of cloudy rom for zv8
21st May 2015, 10:59 PM |#75  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfaisal

HEY DEAR,

Instead of cm11, i wanna install cloudy, can u plz provide correct link of cloudy rom for zv8

Just download the latest Cloudy edition and flash according to the instructions on Cloudyfa's thread.
1st June 2015, 09:05 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Saved the day with this tutorial...thxs so much
Messed up and was getting "Security Error" on Lolipop 5.0.2

Question: Will this ONLY restore to original setup...

Can we use FlashTool to install other .tot files?

Thx
Mike
1st June 2015, 09:07 PM |#77  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57

Saved the day with this tutorial...thxs so much
Messed up and was getting "Security Error" on Lolipop 5.0.2

Question: Will this ONLY restore to original setup...

Can we use FlashTool to install other .tot files?

Thx
Mike

Hey Mike, you can certainly flash other TOT files, such as ZVC etc but they will always wipe the entire phone. Glad this helped!
1st June 2015, 09:32 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Hey Mike, you can certainly flash other TOT files, such as ZVC etc but they will always wipe the entire phone. Glad this helped!

Thank yo...

I got OTA for a few updates to ZVC...but the next one has me on LG screen for a long time..

Is this normal ?
Also where can I find a list of .tot files?

Thxs
2nd June 2015, 02:33 AM |#79  
OP Senior Member
Flag South China, ME

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57

Thank yo...

I got OTA for a few updates to ZVC...but the next one has me on LG screen for a long time..

Is this normal ?
Also where can I find a list of .tot files?

Thxs

Yeah OTA updates can take awhile to boot after the first time. If it doesn't boot after 10-15 minutes, try again. There are a few listed at StorageCow
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)