Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick question regarding screen replacement?

Tip us?
 
RayTrue04
Old
#1  
RayTrue04's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hartford, CT
Default Quick question regarding screen replacement?

Do any of you know if this screen is compatible with our Sprint model? I thought all G2's were built the same like a Galaxy or One??

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...473941&alt=web

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
 
freimanis
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moscow

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi! It isn't LCD screen. It's digitizer only. I've repaired my G2 by self. I've bought a LCD on aliexpress ( for LG Optimus G2 D800 D801 D803 LS980 VS980 F320 Display LCD Touch Digitizer Screen and Frame Assembly white free shipping
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-L...792376643.html)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to freimanis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RayTrue04
Old
(Last edited by RayTrue04; 3rd July 2014 at 08:43 AM.)
#3  
RayTrue04's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hartford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by freimanis View Post
Hi! It isn't LCD screen. It's digitizer only. I've repaired my G2 by self. I've bought a LCD on aliexpress ( for LG Optimus G2 D800 D801 D803 LS980 VS980 F320 Display LCD Touch Digitizer Screen and Frame Assembly white free shipping
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-L...792376643.html)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The digitizer is exactly what i need. The LCD is fine it's just the glass that's broken.

That's not a bad price for the link you posted. I'll see which way my sister would like to take. More than likely the cheaper one with just the digitizer lol.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
 
freimanis
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moscow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTrue04 View Post
The digitizer is exactly what i need. The LCD is fine it's just the glass that's broken.

That's not a bad price for the link you posted. I'll see which way my sister would like to take. More than likely the cheaper one with just the digitizer lol.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
The screen of LG G2 was built by OGS technology. The repairing of cracked digitizer is very difficult and you can damage LCD very simply. You can buy digitizer and LCD only without frame. It will be cheaper.
 
RayTrue04
Old
(Last edited by RayTrue04; 17th August 2014 at 02:38 PM.)
#5  
RayTrue04's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hartford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by freimanis View Post
The screen of LG G2 was built by OGS technology. The repairing of cracked digitizer is very difficult and you can damage LCD very simply. You can buy digitizer and LCD only without frame. It will be cheaper.
Hey bro we finally decided to go with the link you posted since the LCD was damaged too. I have I've question for you though, is this generic LCD just as good as the manufacturer one?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
 
kapilthio
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 78
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Katni, Madhya Pradesh
I got a Screen + digitizer from aliexpress & it was equally as good as original LG. smooth touch and great display. Got it for $78 in May 14
The Following User Says Thank You to kapilthio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RayTrue04
Old
(Last edited by RayTrue04; 17th August 2014 at 05:34 PM.)
#7  
RayTrue04's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 454
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hartford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilthio View Post
I got a Screen + digitizer from aliexpress & it was equally as good as original LG. smooth touch and great display. Got it for $78 in May 14
Everything looks HD and clear right? I was reading a description to one and it says the resolution was 800x480 and I'm like wait what? I thought G2 were full HD lol

I'm going to get the one linked here it says 1920x1080 and True HD IPS. I just don't want to be disappointed..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
 
freimanis
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moscow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayTrue04 View Post
Hey bro we finally decided to go with the link you posted since the LCD was damaged too. I have I've question for you though, is this generic LCD just as good as the manufacturer one?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app
Hi! I don't know it is generic or not. It has good quality and needed characteristics.
 
kapilthio
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 78
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Katni, Madhya Pradesh
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/REV-1...619330149.html

use this link. Its just USD 47 now

The Following User Says Thank You to kapilthio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes