DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Should I downgrade to ZV8?

OP renold458

26th August 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

39 posts
Whats up guys!

So Ive been fiddling around with this phone since Ive gotten it, had my fair share of good and bad moments but all good now. However, Ive been realizing that I dont live in a Spark area so these new updates dont seem to have anything worthwile. I also heard that recent OTAs have been affecting the phones data, sometimes knocking people to 3G when they know they are in a 4G area. So for me, I want an opinion. Should I drop down to ZV8? The reason I ask is people dont seem to complain much about it AND people have been able to install CyanogenMod on that radio. Im on ZVD now, and the stock android experience has always been my favorite.
26th August 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 239

824 posts
I was just on zv8 seeing if I liked it...
I'm not in a spark area either. But LTE still drops constantly here in Cincinnati anyway. There's also some other little issues with zv8 such as no immersive mode while watching video, the screen tends to do a weird dimming too depending on what's on your screen (with autobrightness off even).

Personally I'd stick with KK.
CM isn't that stable. If your gonna try other aosp based Roms give slimkat a go its been the best/bugfree for me...and no need to downgrade your baseband

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app
26th August 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtis

I was just on zv8 seeing if I liked it...
I'm not in a spark area either. But LTE still drops constantly here in Cincinnati anyway. There's also some other little issues with zv8 such as no immersive mode while watching video, the screen tends to do a weird dimming too depending on what's on your screen (with autobrightness off even).

Personally I'd stick with KK.
CM isn't that stable. If your gonna try other aosp based Roms give slimkat a go its been the best/bugfree for me...and no need to downgrade your baseband

Id be able to move up to KK with CM no? And I know its not very stable, even when I had it on my old Optimus G it still had its quirks but nothing I couldnt deal with. But those bugs with ZV8 do sound annoying, and I did stumble upon slimkat but for some reason I was turned off by it. I guess Ill give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to renold458 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #4  

824 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renold458

Id be able to move up to KK with CM no? And I know its not very stable, even when I had it on my old Optimus G it still had its quirks but nothing I couldnt deal with. But those bugs with ZV8 do sound annoying, and I did stumble upon slimkat but for some reason I was turned off by it. I guess Ill give it a try.

Cm is kk yes I believe...but you need the old zv8 baseband still to get it to boot which breaks autorotation. There may be a hacked radio somewhere on these forums but I forget. Personally it scares me changing radios as I've seen devices get hard bricked from it.

26th August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtis

Cm is kk yes I believe...but you need the old zv8 baseband still to get it to boot which breaks autorotation. There may be a hacked radio somewhere on these forums but I forget. Personally it scares me changing radios as I've seen devices get hard bricked from it.

Yeah I was going to downgrade through a ZV8 tot, that would work correct?
26th August 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #6  

824 posts
Yes it should.

27th August 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 46

240 posts
Oops, wrong thread
Last edited by beezar; 27th August 2014 at 02:22 AM.
28th August 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #8  
Flag east greenwich
Thanks Meter: 15

69 posts
More
could read through this,, dont think you have to downgrade..http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2627765
29th August 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

39 posts
I did and had attempted that before with no luck. I was able to install CM but had no service as the radio was not compatible still.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread