Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I download cyanogenmod onto my sprint lg g2 ls980zvd? And how?

Tip us?

Antrock23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Phone [Q] Can I download cyanogenmod onto my sprint lg g2 ls980zvd? And how?

I have twrp on my phone and yes my phone is rooted I just really wanna no if it's possible or will I get stuck in a boot loop again because it happened once but it was because I missed a step but will it work if I do it correctly?
The Following User Says Thank You to Antrock23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickelghandi
Old
Thanks Meter 18
It could work... Or it could throw you into a boot loop again. Its kind of a trial and error thing. If you got out of the boot loop using the LG Flash Tool, then you are probably in good shape to try again with Cyanogenmod. If it gets stuck again, just use the flash tool to restore to stock. Make sure any personal data is backed up before you try it, but that should be a step you take anyway. If you are familiar with the flash tool, then I would suggest you download one of the older stock ROMs that you know is compatible with Cyanogenmod and flash it using the tool. There are some good tutorials on here explaining each step thoroughly.
Sent from some kind of EVO with some kind of custom ROM.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
I do basic tutorials on stupid and simple hacks and mods for phones and tablets and all kinds of things.
Check out my YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/NICKELGHANDI

tabp0le
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrock23 View Post
I have twrp on my phone and yes my phone is rooted I just really wanna no if it's possible or will I get stuck in a boot loop again because it happened once but it was because I missed a step but will it work if I do it correctly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelghandi View Post
It could work... Or it could throw you into a boot loop again. Its kind of a trial and error thing. If you got out of the boot loop using the LG Flash Tool, then you are probably in good shape to try again with Cyanogenmod. If it gets stuck again, just use the flash tool to restore to stock. Make sure any personal data is backed up before you try it, but that should be a step you take anyway. If you are familiar with the flash tool, then I would suggest you download one of the older stock ROMs that you know is compatible with Cyanogenmod and flash it using the tool. There are some good tutorials on here explaining each step thoroughly.
Personally, I've tried two different AOSP based ROMs with ZVD. Both worked properly. I just realized I like stock better so I flashed back no problem. They were DeviantXone and VanirAOSP

Anything that has a 4.4.x baseband should work fine. (Alot of them are still running on zv8/a-DONT TRY AND INSTALL)
tabp0le
----
Current Phone: LG-LS980 (Sprint G2)
-----
Retired:
Moto Photon Q (carbon)
Sold:
Moto Photon 4G
https://www.spryservers.net/

MeestaAytch
Old
Thanks Meter 267
In order to get CM on your phone you'll have to downgrade to ZV8 baseband/modem prior to flashing or you'll be boot looping

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk