CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more

Customized Ultra Stamina for Xperia

XDA Senior Member androidexpert35 has provided us a customized Ultra Stamine Mode from the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

GPS lock issues anyone?

27th August 2014, 12:47 AM |#1  
MeestaAytch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag City of Angels
Thanks Meter: 277
 
284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
So just curious...I know there are folks out there with GPS lock issues and the number of ways to fix it... But they don't exactly pertain to me. Not sure if anyone else sees exactly this so here goes:

I can't get a lock on stock roms. If I do it's after waiting upwards of thirty minutes. When it locks it will get lost 2 minutes later. Without fail. This is any ROM based on stock.

AOSP on the other hand... Instant lock. Works without issues. Can drive for hours and not worry even cross country. So.....huh?!

I have used a GPS fix app to no avail and can't assume hardware since it does work on aosp... Any others seeing the same as me? It's killing me because I do want to use stock for other features of my phone but can't because of the constant need to use GPS.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
27th August 2014, 02:56 AM |#2  
KB112's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 744
 
3,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Well I recently had the opposite problem. What I did was copy the gps.conf file from my stock setup and saved it in a folder. Then when I went to AOSP, I replaced that gps.conf with the one I saved earlier. Just set permissions to RW-R-R and reboot. Worked like a charm for me.

Obviously your situation is the exact opposite. But I don't think it can hurt to give it a shot.
27th August 2014, 05:43 AM |#3  
MeestaAytch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag City of Angels
Thanks Meter: 277
 
284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I've actually done that lol. It doesn't change a thing with stock crazy enough. It's just one of those weird things that forces me to stay aosp and miss out on features I guess.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
27th August 2014, 08:15 PM |#4  
KB112's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 744
 
3,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Man, that's weird then. Did you try a tot back to stock? Just to see if it helps?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
28th August 2014, 06:24 AM |#5  
MeestaAytch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag City of Angels
Thanks Meter: 277
 
284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB112

Man, that's weird then. Did you try a tot back to stock? Just to see if it helps?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have indeed! It's just not meant to be lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
28th August 2014, 01:53 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Smile Try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaAytch

So just curious...I know there are folks out there with GPS lock issues and the number of ways to fix it... But they don't exactly pertain to me. Not sure if anyone else sees exactly this so here goes:

I can't get a lock on stock roms. If I do it's after waiting upwards of thirty minutes. When it locks it will get lost 2 minutes later. Without fail. This is any ROM based on stock.

AOSP on the other hand... Instant lock. Works without issues. Can drive for hours and not worry even cross country. So.....huh?!

I have used a GPS fix app to no avail and can't assume hardware since it does work on aosp... Any others seeing the same as me? It's killing me because I do want to use stock for other features of my phone but can't because of the constant need to use GPS.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk


Had the issue on stock 4.2.2 . I updated it to 4.4.2 and now it locks instantly.
Then I tried cloudystock rom and now its better.
29th August 2014, 03:37 AM |#7  
KB112's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 744
 
3,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaAytch

I have indeed! It's just not meant to be lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's weird bro. Sorry, I'm out of ideas though. Lol
17th October 2014, 04:08 AM |#8  
rootlinux's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 3,018
 
3,938 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Donate to Me
More
I know this is an old thread but I found this app to fix my gps problems. Yes I have tried all of the ones we usually go to.
Try this one. It locks and keeps it locked on.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntlexx.gpslock

The Following User Says Thank You to rootlinux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes