Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GPS lock issues anyone?

OP MeestaAytch

27th August 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag City of Angels
Thanks Meter: 273

276 posts
More
So just curious...I know there are folks out there with GPS lock issues and the number of ways to fix it... But they don't exactly pertain to me. Not sure if anyone else sees exactly this so here goes:

I can't get a lock on stock roms. If I do it's after waiting upwards of thirty minutes. When it locks it will get lost 2 minutes later. Without fail. This is any ROM based on stock.

AOSP on the other hand... Instant lock. Works without issues. Can drive for hours and not worry even cross country. So.....huh?!

I have used a GPS fix app to no avail and can't assume hardware since it does work on aosp... Any others seeing the same as me? It's killing me because I do want to use stock for other features of my phone but can't because of the constant need to use GPS.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
27th August 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 707

3,039 posts
More
Well I recently had the opposite problem. What I did was copy the gps.conf file from my stock setup and saved it in a folder. Then when I went to AOSP, I replaced that gps.conf with the one I saved earlier. Just set permissions to RW-R-R and reboot. Worked like a charm for me.

Obviously your situation is the exact opposite. But I don't think it can hurt to give it a shot.
27th August 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag City of Angels

276 posts
More
I've actually done that lol. It doesn't change a thing with stock crazy enough. It's just one of those weird things that forces me to stay aosp and miss out on features I guess.

27th August 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag East SF-Bay Area

3,039 posts
More
Man, that's weird then. Did you try a tot back to stock? Just to see if it helps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
28th August 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag City of Angels

276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB112

Man, that's weird then. Did you try a tot back to stock? Just to see if it helps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have indeed! It's just not meant to be lol

28th August 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Smile Try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaAytch

So just curious...I know there are folks out there with GPS lock issues and the number of ways to fix it... But they don't exactly pertain to me. Not sure if anyone else sees exactly this so here goes:

I can't get a lock on stock roms. If I do it's after waiting upwards of thirty minutes. When it locks it will get lost 2 minutes later. Without fail. This is any ROM based on stock.

AOSP on the other hand... Instant lock. Works without issues. Can drive for hours and not worry even cross country. So.....huh?!

I have used a GPS fix app to no avail and can't assume hardware since it does work on aosp... Any others seeing the same as me? It's killing me because I do want to use stock for other features of my phone but can't because of the constant need to use GPS.

Had the issue on stock 4.2.2 . I updated it to 4.4.2 and now it locks instantly.
Then I tried cloudystock rom and now its better.
29th August 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag East SF-Bay Area

3,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaAytch

I have indeed! It's just not meant to be lol

That's weird bro. Sorry, I'm out of ideas though. Lol
17th October 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2,886

3,646 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know this is an old thread but I found this app to fix my gps problems. Yes I have tried all of the ones we usually go to.
Try this one. It locks and keeps it locked on.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntlexx.gpslock

The Following User Says Thank You to rootlinux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread