Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 44,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LS980 stock recovery

Tip us?

patheticpuma
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default LS980 stock recovery

I have been searching for hours to no avail. Does anybody know of a way to restore stock recovery over twrp? I finally got around to rooting today with ioroot and used autorec for twrp, but almost immediately after doing so ZVD update hit my phone. I want to take the update, but don't want to do a full tot restore if I don't have to.

Tannereed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I don't know of a way to flash the stock recovery over TWRP. I would imagine somebody has figured it out. But I do know the OTA's are extremely sensitive and they check for more then just the stock recovery. Back when the ZVC/B update came out I hadn't even flashed a recovery yet, just rooted, and I unrooted and took it and it didn't work. So I'd copy all your belongings onto your computer, make a back up and copy it on your computer as well. TOT your phone. Update. Then come back later and put your files back onto your device and use Titanium backup to take your apps and data off of the backup you made.

Maybe somebody else know of a different way. But you can brick your phone taking an OTA with system modifications, and that will be a whole lot more work than rooting and flashing a recovery again.

Good luck!

patheticpuma
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Oh I know its a lot of work. I got this phone from a guy who took the zvc update while rooted and it was stuck in a boot loop with download mode unavailable. Fortunately the great resource that is this forum had the information available to get it going. I would like to not do that again. I have everything backed was just hoping to find a way around it.

Thanks for your reply.