FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

"OK Google" detection from any screen kills the alarm

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By GRRemlin, Member on 7th July 2014, 06:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just in case someone else runs into this issue.
My alarm (default app) would get snoozed immideately after going off, thus becoming useless.

I have discovered that if I disable the "OK Google" detection from any screen option, the alarm functions fine.

Hope it helps someone not to miss any important appointments.
The Following User Says Thank You to GRRemlin For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th July 2014, 11:45 PM |#2  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The ok google from any screen feature also kills the video camera. You get a "can not record while on a call" warning.
11th July 2014, 04:31 AM |#3  
KC
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRemlin

Just in case someone else runs into this issue.
My alarm (default app) would get snoozed immideately after going off, thus becoming useless.

I have discovered that if I disable the "OK Google" detection from any screen option, the alarm functions fine.

Hope it helps someone not to miss any important appointments.

Glad I happened to see this post ... For the past week I've been trying to figure out what was automatically dismissing my alarm ... Uninstalled and reinstalled so many apps and xposed modules and never figured it out. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th July 2014, 01:47 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Baltimore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDoc21

Glad I happened to see this post ... For the past week I've been trying to figure out what was automatically dismissing my alarm ... Uninstalled and reinstalled so many apps and xposed modules and never figured it out. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gald I could help. Also, at least I know that it's not only happening on my phone.
I wonder if the bug has to be submitted to Google or LG?
16th January 2015, 05:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRemlin

Gald I could help. Also, at least I know that it's not only happening on my phone.
I wonder if the bug has to be submitted to Google or LG?

Running in to a similar issue. But instead of the alarm snoozing. I get a pop up message stating "Alarm/Clock has stopped working" and then a flashing notification light. The problem started just this week. I uninstalled the latest Google update and also turned off OK Google" detection from any screen, but that doesn't seem to have had any impact. Odd that I've had no problems with Google Now up until this past Tuesday.
16th January 2015, 01:32 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Baltimore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafever

Running in to a similar issue. But instead of the alarm snoozing. I get a pop up message stating "Alarm/Clock has stopped working" and then a flashing notification light. The problem started just this week. I uninstalled the latest Google update and also turned off OK Google" detection from any screen, but that doesn't seem to have had any impact. Odd that I've had no problems with Google Now up until this past Tuesday.

I was unable to replicate your issue. I only get the "Snoozed" notification.
However, I moved to Timely alarm app since and it works just fine.
18th January 2015, 01:54 AM |#7  

More
Thank you for the response. I was hoping I'd be able to figure out what's the issue is and continue to use the stock app. But looks like I'll have look into a third-party app.

Thanks again.
9th February 2015, 09:25 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafever

Thank you for the response. I was hoping I'd be able to figure out what's the issue is and continue to use the stock app. But looks like I'll have look into a third-party app.

Thanks again.

The recent Google Search update seems to have fixed my issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alarm, ok google
Previous Thread Next Thread