Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

OTA update

OP danieldp1990

19th July 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag cali
Thanks Meter: 75

418 posts
More
Hello, I got an OTA update from ZVA to ZVC, but when the phone restart to apply the update it still on ZVA.....Any help please
19th July 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 282

655 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldp1990

Hello, I got an OTA update from ZVA to ZVC, but when the phone restart to apply the update it still on ZVA.....Any help please

if any system files have been modified, then the ota wont work. easiest way to get to zvc is to tot to it. (copy all pictures and anything important that is in the internal memory to a computer first! )
19th July 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag cali

418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwxguy

if any system files have been modified, then the ota wont work. easiest way to get to zvc is to tot to it. (copy all pictures and anything important that is in the internal memory to a computer first! )

hmmmm when I flash the ZVA I dissable all apps from sprint... I rename each of does like example.apk.bak, is that the reason why it cant update?
20th July 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Newark, DE - originally from Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 257

1,132 posts
More
Quote:

hmmmm when I flash the ZVA I dissable all apps from sprint... I rename each of does like example.apk.bak, is that the reason why it cant update?

Yup exactly why, it will fail even if 1 file is missing or wrong. As poster above you stated, best bet is to first backup all your important files currently on your internal storage to a pc & then tot your device to ZVC.

Sent from my G2
20th July 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag cali

418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey

Yup exactly why, it will fail even if 1 file is missing or wrong. As poster above you stated, best bet is to first backup all your important files currently on your internal storage to a pc & then tot your device to ZVC.

Sent from my G2

When I flash the ZVA I had to unlock it, and APNS stuff, does that matter? or only the apps that I dissable
21st July 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag cali

418 posts
More
I change the app names back to original .apk and still cant apply the update....

What I know is that when I flash ZVA I had to appky the permanent unlock for it to work with my sim.... ( I replace the carrier folder, the apn file, and other stuff mentionen on unlock threat...

If I want to update OTA to ZVC do I have to let the ZVA without unlock?
21st July 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 473

2,205 posts
More
Quote:

I change the app names back to original .apk and still cant apply the update....

What I know is that when I flash ZVA I had to appky the permanent unlock for it to work with my sim.... ( I replace the carrier folder, the apn file, and other stuff mentionen on unlock threat...

If I want to update OTA to ZVC do I have to let the ZVA without unlock?

Mine update OTA was fine, I also done the unlock..
Anyways sprint is rolling ZVD now..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread