Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Safe to upgrade on ZVC stock rooted with no custom Recovery?

OP badkarmah187

4th August 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

99 posts
I just got the notice to update to ZVD, I believe
I have rooted ZVC with no custom Recovery. I just have the modified Hotspot mode, I used ADB shell to copy over /system/framework

Can I safety run the update without breaking anything?
TechGirl90
4th August 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarmah187

I just got the notice to update to ZVD, I believe
I have rooted ZVC with no custom Recovery. I just have the modified Hotspot mode, I used ADB shell to copy over /system/framework

Can I safety run the update without breaking anything?

No, it'll brick your device, because you're using an OTA update that is unrooted on a rooted device, if you were to go through this process, this process will confused your device causing it to malfunction, it's best that you update your device by unrooting it, and flashing back to the Stock Firmware.[emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Last edited by TechGirl90; 4th August 2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Another Typo(stupid autocorrect)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGirl90

No, it'll brick your device, because you're using an OTA update that is unrooted on a rooted device, if you were to go through this process, this process will confused your device causing it to malfunction, it's best that you update your device by unrooting it, and flashing back to the Stock Firmware.[emoji4][emoji106]

I am in the same position as the OP, and actually it won't brick your device. I tried installing the ZVD update and it simply didn't install; it did not brick my device. I guess it's a moot point because the update doesn't work anyway, but I tried installing the OTA update as you would with a normal, unrooted device, and it most definitely did not brick my device.
The Following User Says Thank You to chompone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
TechGirl90
6th August 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chompone

I am in the same position as the OP, and actually it won't brick your device. I tried installing the ZVD update and it simply didn't install; it did not brick my device. I guess it's a moot point because the update doesn't work anyway, but I tried installing the OTA update as you would with a normal, unrooted device, and it most definitely did not brick my device.

Oh, that's good to know, I personally wouldn't still try it though.[emoji4]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sprint hotspot mode, zvd
Previous Thread Next Thread