[Q] Lg G2 Ls980 help Sim unlocking

25th August 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
So i've been trying to sim unlock my ls980 for about 3 days now i've tried the > http://androidfannetwork.com/2014/03...lg-g2-for-gsm/ < guide aswell as ones that were just like it with more steps and nothing so i restored my phone through lg recovery and re-rooted
still searching for a way to gsm unlock the phone i stumbled on this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729370
yay i found it right ... wrong once i installed autorec everything was running fine until i actually tried to boot into recovery mode...
when i powered down my phone and went to turn it on i got pushed into fastboot hours i spent banging my head against my desk trying to get past this step... because recovery mode was gone and download was broken so i found a thread about flashing the laf file and bam download mode is now fixed.. great! but now no matter what i do my computer wont locate the drivers for me to try and connect to it and use lg flash tool or even lg's recovery tool i have unistalled re installed lgs united drivers over and over again on 2 different computers trying to get them to read the phone
i've tried going into device manager and pointing them to the lg folder nothing... i've been searching google trying to find an answer and found nothing that seems to help..

so if anyone has any ideas that would be helpful i would be really greatfull
Last edited by Chieselberry; 25th August 2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: autorec not recboot
25th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag vasco-da-gama
Thanks Meter: 63

238 posts
More
i used this one
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655133

its easy
me used on 4.4.2 stock rom
25th August 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I need help getting my computer to read the phone so I can flash the stock firm ware so I can actually do that as of right now the phone is locked in either fastboot or download mode
26th August 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

187 posts
Did you change the com port to 41?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app
26th August 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
The phone doesn't show up as a comport is the problem it shows up under other devices if I remember correctly with yellow exclamation marks. And I can't figure out how to get the drivers to read it
I've uninstalled them reinstalled them countless numbers of times I tried another computer different usb ports
I tried pointing the drivers to the LG folder and still,nothing
28th August 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 281

638 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieselberry

The phone doesn't show up as a comport is the problem it shows up under other devices if I remember correctly with yellow exclamation marks. And I can't figure out how to get the drivers to read it
I've uninstalled them reinstalled them countless numbers of times I tried another computer different usb ports
I tried pointing the drivers to the LG folder and still,nothing

did you try the tmobile drivers? (after you install that, then go to the devices with the yellow and update drivers automatically, it should work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread