Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in fastboot

Tip us?

teeveewm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck in fastboot

I've searched Google, and XDA both, and I haven't found a solution to this problem.

I rooted my phone with TowelRoot, and it worked fine.. Then I decided to use AutoRec to get TWRP, and I accidentally used the wrong version.
It didn't really do anything until I went to reset my phone, and when I did I got the "Fastboot Mode Started / udc_start()" screen. After finding some similar problems on Google, they all required Download Mode, but when I do the steps for that, the "download mode" screen pops up for a split second before going to the Fastboot screen again, but it has a few more lines now "reset / portchange / reset / portchange / fastboot: processing commands"..

If ANYONE can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

teeveewm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay I've been able to get my phone into Download Mode, but now all the tutorials are telling me to set my port to COM41, but when I go to device manager, it isn't even showing up. (my phone, that is) It shows the (CDC ECM / CDC Serial / and LGE Android Phone) but they've all got the little yellow triangle next to them, and it won't allow me to set any ports.

jcwxguy
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeveewm View Post
Okay I've been able to get my phone into Download Mode, but now all the tutorials are telling me to set my port to COM41, but when I go to device manager, it isn't even showing up. (my phone, that is) It shows the (CDC ECM / CDC Serial / and LGE Android Phone) but they've all got the little yellow triangle next to them, and it won't allow me to set any ports.
you need to install the drivers for the phone. (use the t-mobile drivers, not verizon ones )