Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck in fastboot

OP teeveewm

14th August 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've searched Google, and XDA both, and I haven't found a solution to this problem.

I rooted my phone with TowelRoot, and it worked fine.. Then I decided to use AutoRec to get TWRP, and I accidentally used the wrong version.
It didn't really do anything until I went to reset my phone, and when I did I got the "Fastboot Mode Started / udc_start()" screen. After finding some similar problems on Google, they all required Download Mode, but when I do the steps for that, the "download mode" screen pops up for a split second before going to the Fastboot screen again, but it has a few more lines now "reset / portchange / reset / portchange / fastboot: processing commands"..

If ANYONE can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
14th August 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Okay I've been able to get my phone into Download Mode, but now all the tutorials are telling me to set my port to COM41, but when I go to device manager, it isn't even showing up. (my phone, that is) It shows the (CDC ECM / CDC Serial / and LGE Android Phone) but they've all got the little yellow triangle next to them, and it won't allow me to set any ports.
16th August 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 283

661 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeveewm

Okay I've been able to get my phone into Download Mode, but now all the tutorials are telling me to set my port to COM41, but when I go to device manager, it isn't even showing up. (my phone, that is) It shows the (CDC ECM / CDC Serial / and LGE Android Phone) but they've all got the little yellow triangle next to them, and it won't allow me to set any ports.

you need to install the drivers for the phone. (use the t-mobile drivers, not verizon ones )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread