Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Another "Stuck on the LG Boot Screen" post...

OP cgedansk

1st September 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I rooted, some weeks ago, with Towel Root and have been running fine. Last night, I used something to let me add TWRP and this morning, when i plugged by phone in, the screen went all cross-hatchy, like a tightly woven Irish wool blazer. It would clear up if I rebooted, but would come back when I plugged it in, or if I let it sit.

So.. I did a backup and a hard reset, and it got a little better. But TWRP is still there. So, I made the mistake of choosing format, which I'm guessing wiped all including the current image, and now I can only get to the LG screen, with the notification light up top flashing blue to green and back again.

There are several similar options for re-imaging the device back to stock, but I'm not sure which will work for me. I'm not sure holding the up or down arrows, power button, and plugging in simultaneously, will put me into recovery mode and let me install a stock image.

Is there a magic bullet, like there was for the Galaxy Nexus? Install an App on the PC, plug in the phone, push a button and it just goes?

I'm dead in the water right now, so some direction would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I can't try all the variations to see which works. I'm hoping I gave enough info to go on.

Thanks!
3rd September 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgedansk

I rooted, some weeks ago, with Towel Root and have been running fine. Last night, I used something to let me add TWRP and this morning, when i plugged by phone in, the screen went all cross-hatchy, like a tightly woven Irish wool blazer. It would clear up if I rebooted, but would come back when I plugged it in, or if I let it sit.

So.. I did a backup and a hard reset, and it got a little better. But TWRP is still there. So, I made the mistake of choosing format, which I'm guessing wiped all including the current image, and now I can only get to the LG screen, with the notification light up top flashing blue to green and back again.

There are several similar options for re-imaging the device back to stock, but I'm not sure which will work for me. I'm not sure holding the up or down arrows, power button, and plugging in simultaneously, will put me into recovery mode and let me install a stock image.

Is there a magic bullet, like there was for the Galaxy Nexus? Install an App on the PC, plug in the phone, push a button and it just goes?

I'm dead in the water right now, so some direction would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I can't try all the variations to see which works. I'm hoping I gave enough info to go on.

Thanks!

You are going to want to go back to stock using the LG Flash Tool and a .tot file if you have the LS980, all other variants of the G2 use a KDZ file and the updated version of the flash tool.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656275

Then if you get that cross-hatchy screen (which has been dubbed the "white lines issue") You will want to use Cloudyfa's fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=122
The Following User Says Thank You to famicone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread