Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 47,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] 900P NE5 CRT/FADE Animation

Tip us?
 
townsenk
Old
(Last edited by townsenk; 6th July 2014 at 05:00 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 106
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default [MOD] 900P NE5 CRT/FADE Animation

I figured I would convert this mod to our device using code in the unified thread. (Props to original author and Rompnit).
It took a bit of tweaking to get it to work on the Sprint variant but it seems to be functioning as intended.

This is for Odexed stock(ish) roms only!

It replaces services.jar and build.prop. If you have tweaks to your build prop that you don't want set to defaults then I recommend you install the jar and odex file manually and edit your build.prop with whatever tool you see fit

A lot of mods affect the services.jar as well, noteably the unlock hotspot mod. That's why it's included FREE with this mod.

What a deal!

The changes I made to the build.prop are simply these additions. The rest is stock

#CRT Mod
persist.sys.screen_on=fade
persist.sys.screen_off=crt

These can be changed to set your on/off animation type. Options are CRT/FADE/NONE

Standard Use at Your Own Risk stuff Blah Blah

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip ODEXED-NE5-CRT_FADE.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.15 MB, 75 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to townsenk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CNexus
Old
#2  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,586
Posts: 9,035
Join Date: May 2012
Location: /home/cnexus/android

 
DONATE TO ME
It's usually better to provide a deodexed copy as odexed relies on the same exact framework that it was odexed with to be present for the files to function at all

On the other hand, deodexed will function on any rom including odexed roms (when yup delete/move the odex files affected)
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
townsenk
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 106
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
It's usually better to provide a deodexed copy as odexed relies on the same exact framework that it was odexed with to be present for the files to function at all

On the other hand, deodexed will function on any rom including odexed roms (when yup delete/move the odex files affected)

I provide Odexed mods mainly because nobody else is doing it. And because odexed versions are usually the first thing people ask for, and because deodexing seems to break too many functions I use like private mode and S-Health issues.

I'll post the edited smali if anyone wants to use it for anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayPowerController.zip - [Click for QR Code] (21.6 KB, 22 views)
 
CNexus
Old
#4  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,586
Posts: 9,035
Join Date: May 2012
Location: /home/cnexus/android

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by townsenk View Post
I provide Odexed mods mainly because nobody else is doing it. And because odexed versions are usually the first thing people ask for, and because deodexing seems to break too many functions I use like private mode and S-Health issues.

I'll post the edited smali if anyone wants to use it for anything.
I wasn't criticizing, merely commenting
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

 
townsenk
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 106
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
I wasn't criticizing, merely commenting
np, It's all good.
The Following User Says Thank You to townsenk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ramik911
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jun 2007
Default Return to Stock

How can I go back to stock? remove the CRT animation and changes you made to Services
 
townsenk
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 106
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramik911 View Post
How can I go back to stock? remove the CRT animation and changes you made to Services
Replace the services.jar and services.odex with a stock version and remove the added entry in build.prop
The Following User Says Thank You to townsenk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ramik911
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jun 2007
thnx
 
dwss
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 57
Join Date: Apr 2010
Is this only for root devices? Are there any CRT mods for none roots? I did a search and so far this is the only thread with CRT.
 
rwilco12
Old
#10  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11,373
Posts: 3,209
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwss View Post
Is this only for root devices? Are there any CRT mods for none roots? I did a search and so far this is the only thread with CRT.
You would need root access to flash the completed product to your device.


Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes