FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

[ROM][ODIN]SM-G900P NE5 (NE5 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

3,456 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,113

By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 4th July 2014, 09:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd June 2015, 01:57 AM |#41  
Flag atlanta area
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Thats cool to do coming from A06 lollipop?

3rd June 2015, 02:51 AM |#42  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 26,117

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn_S

Thats cool to do coming from A06 lollipop?

Well, as long as the firmware took, we don't really need the stock rom to boot.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Not sure how you're making out yet but there is also these odin flashables of NE5 firmware that include custom recovery without the rom, just the basic firmware with the rom stripped out. I've used them several times.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22018

The one that doesn't specify has twrp and the one with philz recovery has it in its name.
And while I think about it, a wipe of internal SD is necessary when going back and forth from NE5 to OA6 otherwise you might run into other problems.
I think its due to the different API levels and the operating systems are very different and write something to internal storage SD that doesn't play nice when going back and forth.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2015, 04:00 AM |#43  
Flag atlanta area

More
Worked perfectly - after I found a damed USB mini cable to connect to my SD card reader so I could copy the MOAR rom!
Now I'm cursing Helium backup for not having a single bit of instructions on the app or their webpage. I thought I'd backed up to my PC but apparently I backed up to the cloud, and now i need to pay 5$ to get my files? ****!
3rd June 2015, 04:15 AM |#44  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 26,117

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn_S

Worked perfectly - after I found a damed USB mini cable to connect to my SD card reader so I could copy the MOAR rom!
Now I'm cursing Helium backup for not having a single bit of instructions on the app or their webpage. I thought I'd backed up to my PC but apparently I backed up to the cloud, and now i need to pay 5$ to get my files? ****!

Awesome and live and learn on the backed up stuff.
I use dropbox for most of my stuff (nothing private or personal of course). Its easier that way.
3rd June 2015, 04:31 AM |#45  
Flag atlanta area

More
regardless of the location, a backup device that requires software on your PC should have instructions on the phone and the PC as to how to back it up TO THE PC! Sheesh! That's just f'd up.

The good news is I'm off Lollipop. Damn that material design crap to hell and take windows 8/10 with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread