FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ODIN]SM-G900P NE5 (NE5 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

3,684 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,594

By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 4th July 2014, 09:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st December 2015, 03:40 PM |#51  
Flag Lake
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Hello mates! Long time developer at XDA-Developers... But, I a new to the S5 community. I have been having trouble using these "One-Clicks" on my Sprint S5, and whenever trying to flash it just says "Failed". I never have worked with Odin except with the Galaxy Prevail 1, which was the first Android phone I've ever owned. But, if you could help me I'd be very thankful.
~Slenderman8090

31st December 2015, 03:43 PM |#52  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 31,800

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenderman8090

Hello mates! Long time developer at XDA-Developers... But, I a new to the S5 community. I have been having trouble using these "One-Clicks" on my Sprint S5, and whenever trying to flash it just says "Failed". I never have worked with Odin except with the Galaxy Prevail 1, which was the first Android phone I've ever owned. But, if you could help me I'd be very thankfull.
~Slenderman8090

In most cases, you cannot flash back to an older firmware when your phone already has a newer one. What do you have now?
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
31st December 2015, 03:54 PM |#53  
Flag Lake

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

In most cases, you cannot flash back to an older firmware when your phone already has a newer one. What do you have now?

Right now, I have a corrupt version of OK1 Update (Lollipop).

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote:

Unless it might have to do with not using the original USB 3.0 Cord, which I doubt is the problem.
31st December 2015, 04:04 PM |#54  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Unless it might have to do with not using the original USB 3.0 Cord, which I doubt is the problem.

The problem is you've gone beyond the threshold that supports the older bootloader. They blocked flashing back to this version if you go beyond a certain firmware in other words. It has to do with low level security stuff and they've been doing this for a while on a lot of the phones.
Try flashing the full OK4 firmware located here instead if you need to get back to stock:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...-odin-t3262667
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
31st December 2015, 04:10 PM |#55  
Flag Lake

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

The problem is you've gone beyond the threshold that supports the older bootloader. They blocked flashing back to this version if you go beyond a certain firmware in other words. It has to do with low level security stuff and they've been doing this for a while on a lot of the phones.
Try flashing the full OK4 firmware located here instead if you need to get back to stock:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...-odin-t3262667

Thanks mate, I'll try it, hopefullly this gets me somewhere to stock. Ill reply if something comes up.
31st December 2015, 04:13 PM |#56  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks mate, I'll try it, hopefullly this gets me somewhere to stock. Ill reply if something comes up.

If you want the real boost mobile version with their apps and stuff, you can download directly from sammobile.com but they are super slow downloads and you just have to register first and login so you can download.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
11th April 2016, 10:14 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flash Failed
i tried to odin flash . got error sw rev check fail aboot fused 3 binARY 1. What does this mean? Thanks
11th April 2016, 10:40 PM |#58  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwaynes

i tried to odin flash . got error sw rev check fail aboot fused 3 binARY 1. What does this mean? Thanks

Read back.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
12th April 2016, 03:21 AM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tried on Freedompop
That is probably a four letter word. I bought a SM-G900P from Newegg and trried to use the one step flash. I got the yellow COM port, set up recovery mode, plugged in and got a very sad FAIL in red.

Did I pick the wrong variant of the Odin or CM file? This is the output from Odin:

<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005>
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The S5 shows UDC START
SW REV CHECK FAIL

Help? I have CM'ed an HP TouchPad, but I did not have luck with a previous Samsung tablet. Totally bricked it, won't charge, light or anything else.
-nutrageous
13th April 2016, 07:21 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrageous

That is probably a four letter word. I bought a SM-G900P from Newegg and trried to use the one step flash. I got the yellow COM port, set up recovery mode, plugged in and got a very sad FAIL in red.

Did I pick the wrong variant of the Odin or CM file? This is the output from Odin:

<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The S5 shows UDC START
SW REV CHECK FAIL

Help? I have CM'ed an HP TouchPad, but I did not have luck with a previous Samsung tablet. Totally bricked it, won't charge, light or anything else.
-nutrageous

You may be on G900PVPU3BOK4 firmware. From what I've been gathering, that firmware prevents downgrading. G900PVPU3CPCA is the new Android 6.01 (Marshmallow) firmware, and with that firmware you can only downgrade to BOK4. If you have either of these two firmwares you can't downgrade to any other versions. Check out the "Sprint GS5 android 6.0" thread to root new Marshmallow (trips Knox though assuming you wanted NE5 for towelroot like i did)
Last edited by ZedDedd; 13th April 2016 at 07:29 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)