FORUMS

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

View Poll Results: Do you think this MOAR OT thread should be closed?

Yes, it's a waste of time.

0 Vote(s)
0%
No, it's a good place to socialize on XDA.

16 Vote(s)
88.89%
I don't care.

2 Vote(s)
11.11%

[OFF-TOPIC][MOAR & MOAT Community Thread]

3,988 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,968

By Ramer, Senior Member on 27th April 2015, 02:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It was mentioned by @greogory that he wished MOAR had an off-topic thread so that the main MOAR threads (Development, Q&A/FAQ, and Themeing) would not get hijacked as we all tend to go off-topic frequently.

So, I thought, why not create it in the General Forum. Please continue to follow forum rules, primarily no vulgarity (masked or otherwise) and NO personal attacks against a person.

I've come to think of the MOAR community like family, so let me start off with a little background on me. Real name Rick, I'm 61 years young (as far as I know I'm the oldest RC on XDA). I retired from the US Navy in 1992 after serving for 21.5 years. From 1989-1991 I was the SysOp of a pretty popular BBS in San Diego, CA. (If you don't know those terms, then I "am" old!!) I've got a tech background in computer repair as well as doing tech support for Iomega (remember the Zip drive?) and AOL.

This forum is open to anyone, but let me put a shout-out to some of the regulars: @rompnit, @tdunham, @willowmaker420, @JoeyDuran, @chefbaker11, @elwood, @bytes2bits, @andee39.
Last edited by Ramer; 27th April 2015 at 03:27 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th April 2015, 03:19 PM |#2  
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 1,989

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer

It was mentioned by @greogory that he wished MOAR had an off-topic thread so that the main MOAR threads (Development, Q&A/FAQ, and Themeing) would not get hijacked as we all tend to go off-topic frequently.

So, I thought, why not create it in the General Forum. Please continue to follow forum rules, primarily no vulgarity (masked or otherwise) and NO personal attacks against a person.

I've come to think of the MOAR community like family, so let me start off with a little background on me. Real name Rick, I'm 61 years young (as far as I know I'm the oldest RC on XDA). I retired from the US Navy in 1992 after serving for 21.5 years. From 1989-1991 I was the SysOp of a pretty popular BBS in San Diego, CA. (If you don't know those terms, then I "am" old!!) I've got a tech background in computer repair as well as doing tech support for Iomega (remember the Zip drive?) and AOL.

This forum is open to anyone, but let me put a shout-out to some of the regulars: @rompnit, @tdunham, @willowmaker420, @JoeyDuran, @chefbaker11, @elwood, @bytes2bits, @andee39.

*all together now* HI RICK!!! 😉

Awww man! I wanted to start it lol
I had the perfect thread title:

I was just making sure with all the forum rules and was hitting up the moderators to find out where the correct place would be to put it because I noticed that there is an official place for off topic thread in the main xda general section.

But you beat me to it lol 😁
Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430144289175.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	3284605  
Last edited by JoeyDuran; 27th April 2015 at 03:47 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeyDuran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2015, 03:25 PM |#3  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 726

Donate to Me
More
Tried to be FIRST, @JoeyDuran beat me to it lol

This is awesome @Ramer and @Gregory, what a great idea. I hope it gets utilized lol.

My real name is Jason. I'm 34, turning 35 next month. I'm a Chef, as most of you know already, and I just moved to Naples, FL. I've never worked in the tech industry. But I've been around the block for a while, so I wouldn't call myself a noob either. If I wasn't absolutely in love with what I do, then that's prolly the direction I'd head. I love all tech! Currently I have a GS5 sprint and a new Gear S watch. I've been on MOAR since the S3, I base my phones on that ROM, lol.

Come say hi guys!!!!
Last edited by chefbaker11; 27th April 2015 at 03:28 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefbaker11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2015, 03:28 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sunset

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDuran

Awww man! I wanted to start it lol
I had the perfect thread title:

I was just making sure with all the forum rules and was hitting up the moderators to find out where the correct place would be to put it because I noticed that there is an official place for off topic thread in the main xda general section.

But you beat me to it lol
Thank you!

I like your thread title....... so I stole it!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2015, 03:50 PM |#5  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 726

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

I like your thread title....... so I stole it!!

Bahahahahaha......TAKE THAT!
27th April 2015, 03:55 PM |#6  
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 1,989

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbaker11

Tried to be FIRST, @JoeyDuran beat me to it lol

This is awesome @Ramer and @Gregory, what a great idea. I hope it gets utilized lol.

My real name is Jason. I'm 34, turning 35 next month. I'm a Chef, as most of you know already, and I just moved to Naples, FL. I've never worked in the tech industry. But I've been around the block for a while, so I wouldn't call myself a noob either. If I wasn't absolutely in love with what I do, then that's prolly the direction I'd head. I love all tech! Currently I have a GS5 sprint and a new Gear S watch. I've been on MOAR since the S3, I base my phones on that ROM, lol.

Come say hi guys!!!!

*all together now* HI JASON!!! 😁

Sorry I stole first post

OK OK... I guess my intro...
Ahhmm... My real name is Joey... 😰.... Shocking right lol. I go by Joseph, Joey, Joe... But everybody knows me by Joey.
I'm 21 going on 22 years old on may 10th (I'm probably the youngest here &#128533. I do boring warehouse work in the Houston TX area and wish I could find a better paying job.
I've always been into the techy stuff, my first Android phone was the Galaxy S3 and I was running Goodness from team nocturnal at the time. It was a great community and that's where my themeing journey started
Now I'm proud to be running MOAR and proud to be apart of Team Darksyde with the one and only @willowmaker420!
Love this community as everybody is helpful and fun to talk to!
Last edited by JoeyDuran; 27th April 2015 at 04:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyDuran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2015, 04:22 PM |#7  
Flag independence MO.
Thanks Meter: 67

More
So what happens if we get off topic in here?
27th April 2015, 04:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sunset

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyjlw

So what happens if we get off topic in here?

lol... you mean by saying something technical about MOAR? You'll be given a "time out"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2015, 04:37 PM |#9  
Flag independence MO.
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Talking
Quote:

lol... you mean by saying something technical about MOAR? You'll be given a "time out"

Lmao!
27th April 2015, 05:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Test test
27th April 2015, 05:39 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sunset

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumPOS

Test test

Yep, even the black sheep of the family are welcome.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread