Downgrade to 4.4.x for sim unlock

Search This thread

timmy10shoes

Apr 10, 2012
I know its been talked about in length and I've read about every thread available all over the internet about this. My phone came with lollipop and I've read that on kit kat, sim unlock was possible. So here are my questions......Is the sim unlock in the modem, kernel, system, bootloader or somewhere else? What allowed the "unlock code" to prompt in kit kat? The dialer codes are in the phone.apk correct? What if I flash just the 2 modem files and swap the phone.apk back to kit kat. Is there a chance that would work?

timmy10shoes

Apr 10, 2012
I may be onto something but don't get to excited. I got home and made a modem tarball from NE5 and flashed it. I pushed PhonErrService, Phoneinfo2 and Telcom folders which each contained the app and the odex files (I had to rename the because the name changed from kit-kat to lollipop) and rebooted. Now here is where is its good and bad. I get com. android.phone has stopped every few seconds BUT.......I am able to go to the Phone Info app and open the 7465625*638* through the secret codes menu with the root option and the network unlock code prompt does actually show up but for a short time before it force closes. Thats all I got, but its a step in the right direction.

timmy10shoes

Apr 10, 2012
Okay so I lied, you can do all the things I said anyways. It will just say unsuccessful. Back to square one