Echo: people say they here themselves echo.

OP Xalky

10th July 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 383

895 posts
More
When I use a wired headset, people are hearing themselves echo back. I'm running moar Rom, but I'm not sure if its related to the Rom. I've used the original headset and several aftermarket headsets with the same results. When the headset is disconnected, the conversation goes back to normal. I don't here the echo on my end. Anybody else have this problem with the s5?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th July 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

895 posts
More
Anyone?? Blue tooth works fine. All my wired headsets are echoing back to the person on the other end of the line. I found out that its not the Rom, by loading the stock Rom back on the phone, with the same results. This leads me to belief that its a hardware problem with the headset jack, possibly.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th August 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

895 posts
More
An update on my wired headphone echo problem. I think I can trace it to the volume level. If my volume level is set to high, the person on the other end gets the echo. It happens with every wired headset that I have. I'm not sure if its leakage occurring within the phone or the headset. My suspicions are the headset wires don't have any shielding between the Mic and speaker wires. Its either there or within the phone itself. When I turn down the volume the problem goes away for the person on the other end. Bluetooth works fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread