Is G900PVPU3CPG1 bootloader locked? - Solved: No

Search This thread

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Users of TWRP are showing up in the #android-root channel saying that TWRP is broken and won't flash on G900PVPU3CPG1 (released today, August 25th 2016).

As I'm not familiar with the S5 and whether or not it requires some form of OEM unlock procedure in Marshmallow, I figured I'd ask you guys here.

Proceed to upgrade with caution, I don't know if you can downgrade from it?

For reference:
Code:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Auth error on recovery.img write is typical of a locked bootloader, so I really wonder what's going on here.

If user just missed a step, then great, otherwise I'm posting this in the hope that I may save some people's phones from experiencing an early retirement.

Update: Okay, replies say it isn't, still doesn't explain why this user was running into this issue though. Hmm.

Last edited:

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
Ok, this post got me scared. Now I have downloaded the new update, but i have postponed the installation. In the mean time I rooted the phone (G900PVPS3CPE2). Can it be that users are not using the correct version of TWRP to install? I followed the instructions here. In these instructions, it is mentioned not to use the newer version of TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-1-klte.img.tar) but the older version (twrp-3.0.2-0-klte.img.tar). Maybe that has something to do with twrp not loading through odin. Can anyone confirm root with latest update (G900PVPU3CPG1)?

chippinganimal

Nov 22, 2015
Boston
Ok, this post got me scared. Now I have downloaded the new update, but i have postponed the installation. In the mean time I rooted the phone (G900PVPS3CPE2). Can it be that users are not using the correct version of TWRP to install? I followed the instructions here. In these instructions, it is mentioned not to use the newer version of TWRP (twrp-3.0.2-1-klte.img.tar) but the older version (twrp-3.0.2-0-klte.img.tar). Maybe that has something to do with twrp not loading through odin. Can anyone confirm root with latest update (G900PVPU3CPG1)?
Only reason i heard not to use 3.0.2.1 was because it didnt recognize microsd cards correctly i think.

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Only reason i heard not to use 3.0.2.1 was because it didnt recognize microsd cards correctly i think.
Correct, that issue should be fixed in 3.0.2-2.
The only reason to use 3.0.2-0 is for Aroma support (Aroma hasn't been updated in a very long time and doesn't support newer kernel framebuffer drivers afaict)

The bootloader is unlocked. I flashed, was able to flash twrp 3.0.2.2
Thanks! Wish I knew why that user was running into Auth fail.

_u2pop_

Jul 14, 2014
Jcadduono glad they fixed it when i flash it was with 3.0.2.1 and i told you twrp need a update and i see they updated to 3.0.2.2 for work it, i feedback you they flashed fine of the previous rom version hope they find out the issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The bootloader is unlocked. I flashed, was able to flash twrp 3.0.2.2