Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gs5 active sport ...

Tip us?

txtimbre
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default telephony.db

I found the thread with the tweak, but the path isn't right for this phone. There is no "settings line 113" under settings. db

txtimbre
Old
(Last edited by txtimbre; 8th September 2014 at 11:05 AM.) Reason: correction
Thanks Meter 1
Default hotspot GS5 sport

HA, got it.
Sqlite, files, path:
Data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db/carriers
Change all lines with apn column value of "n.ispsn" to "default,mms,dun" in type column.

It's working native now!
The Following User Says Thank You to txtimbre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VicFreeze
Old
(Last edited by VicFreeze; 8th September 2014 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtimbre View Post
HA, got it.
Sqlite, files, path:
Data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db/carriers
Change all lines with apn column value of "n.ispsn" to "default,mms,dun" in type column.

It's working native now!
You do NOT have to change ALL of anything. There are only two APNs that need editing (those named LTE internet & EHRPD internet; they may begin with APN2 on each like APN2 LTE internet & APN2 EHRPD internet; they are probably the bottom/last 2 APNs). If you changed more than this, you should probably change those APNs back.

Again, this works with ALL Sprint Samsung devices since the GS3. It used to be editable inside the APNs menu in ##DATA# but has been blocked out since at least NAE. It is info that is already out there. Rather than re-posting it in yet another place, I encourage people to just do simple searches. Spoon-feeding seldom actually helps with learning. Now that you know this and have done it once all of the way through, you should have no problem doing it with this and other Samsungs without waiting for a "Hotspot Hack" to be made...just do it yourself (but make sure to backup the originals before editing anything in your system folder).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicFreeze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

txtimbre
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Your a big help

First, this was not easy to find, I had to try a lot if useless crap before I found something that worked. Second, you are not anyone's father or teacher on here. Many of us come here for solutions, not preaching. We are not programmers or hackers and do not want to be. There are many in this forum and others who enjoy that stuff and like to help us out. If you knew this information already you could have posted it in this thread or posted a link to it, you did not. You have been zero help and your preachy attitude just makes you look like a douche.

VicFreeze
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
First, this was not easy to find, I had to try a lot if useless crap before I found something that worked. Second, you are not anyone's father or teacher on here. Many of us come here for solutions, not preaching. We are not programmers or hackers and do not want to be. There are many in this forum and others who enjoy that stuff and like to help us out. If you knew this information already you could have posted it in this thread or posted a link to it, you did not. You have been zero help and your preachy attitude just makes you look like a douche.
Looks like you found what you needed after I posted the information pertaining to it...funny how that worked out (but I guess you could've just kept "trying a lot of useless crap" & bricked your phone too). No other users were posting anything about successfully rooted GS5 Sports anywhere on XDA or anywhere PERIOD until I chimed in with my initial post to put prospective buyers & those considering returning theirs at ease that it was POSSIBLE. That was my only motivation...getting the word out.

I never promised tutorials nor have I ever provided them under this handle. I give insight that then gets the ball rolling for others with decent know-how...just check out the root thread for the Kyocera Torque as an example. If my input is not useful to you or anyone else, I'll further limit my input & continue to just perform dev on my own equipment, keep to myself & leave y'all to do whatever. Thanks for that, enjoy your rooted phone with hotspot & good luck the next time around.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to VicFreeze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

txtimbre
Old
(Last edited by txtimbre; 9th September 2014 at 07:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicFreeze View Post
Looks like you found what you needed after I posted the information pertaining to it...funny how that worked out (but I guess you could've just kept "trying a lot of useless crap" & bricked your phone too). No other users were posting anything about successfully rooted GS5 Sports anywhere on XDA or anywhere PERIOD until I chimed in with my initial post to put prospective buyers & those considering returning theirs at ease that it was POSSIBLE. That was my only motivation...getting the word out.

I never promised tutorials nor have I ever provided them under this handle. I give insight that then gets the ball rolling for others with decent know-how...just check out the root thread for the Kyocera Torque as an example. If my input is not useful to you or anyone else, I'll further limit my input & continue to just perform dev on my own equipment, keep to myself & leave y'all to do whatever. Thanks for that, enjoy your rooted phone with hotspot & good luck the next time around.

OK Nancy, take your ball and go home.

VicFreeze
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
OK Nancy, take you ball and go home.
Unbelievable...

It never takes long to be reminded why I stay off of these boards. Eh, at least you figured out how to include a quote when replying to a particular post (proofreading might b---nevermind). Progress is progress.

You win. -Vic Out-

The Following User Says Thank You to VicFreeze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]