No registration required

Gs5 active sport ...

OP cortacanya

15th October 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 27

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rujelus22

Finally got a recovery booting on the sport!!

Dying to get a Recovery on this. Can't wait for the details!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeanRinVA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #52  
Recognized Developer
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 8,354

3,335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRinVA

Dying to get a Recovery on this. Can't wait for the details!

Everything looks like it is working on the recovery. I am going to do a few more test tonight and then I will release it for some testing.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rujelus22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 27

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rujelus22

Everything looks like it is working on the recovery. I am going to do a few more test tonight and then I will release it for some testing.

Any updates?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
16th October 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #54  
Recognized Developer
Flag Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 8,354

3,335 posts
More
Going to be making a thread today for it. I will post a link here to the thread once it is up.

Update: Here is the thread S5 Sport CWM Recovery
Last edited by rujelus22; 16th October 2014 at 09:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rujelus22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
I am a little out of the discussion of this thread but I didn't find any thread open for this model and decided to write here.
I was wondering if the tool that was developed to SIM unlock any Samsung Sprint phone can unlock the Sprint S5 Sport.
This is the link of the thread with the tool that was made public some days ago: http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...print-t2928250
Can anyone try and confirm that this tool unlocks the Sprint Samsung S5 Sport, because I want to purchase one from eBay but have to be sure it will work.

Thanks in advance!
13th November 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
i am very new to the rooting method and this will be my first phone rooted i would just like for a clear and easy guide i can maybe read up that will give beginner like myself more information before rooting. i have always had android/Samsung phones and have heard of rooting being called jail broken as well. but am having a hard time finding something that will teach me the fundamental knowledge of rooting. i own the GS5 sport and was taken to this thread but could use some more background knowledge before choosing to root my phone (sorry if TL;DR) a lot of terms thrown here were not very familiar and was hoping i can get pointed into the right direction for knowledge.
13th November 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #57  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 692

1,972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artnau

I am a little out of the discussion of this thread but I didn't find any thread open for this model and decided to write here.
I was wondering if the tool that was developed to SIM unlock any Samsung Sprint phone can unlock the Sprint S5 Sport.
This is the link of the thread with the tool that was made public some days ago: http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...print-t2928250
Can anyone try and confirm that this tool unlocks the Sprint Samsung S5 Sport, because I want to purchase one from eBay but have to be sure it will work.

Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking no since it specifically states that the unlock does not work with carriers in the USA. Not sure why it is posted in the Sprint forum but maybe I'm missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_boy_fly

i am very new to the rooting method and this will be my first phone rooted i would just like for a clear and easy guide i can maybe read up that will give beginner like myself more information before rooting. i have always had android/Samsung phones and have heard of rooting being called jail broken as well. but am having a hard time finding something that will teach me the fundamental knowledge of rooting. i own the GS5 sport and was taken to this thread but could use some more background knowledge before choosing to root my phone (sorry if TL;DR) a lot of terms thrown here were not very familiar and was hoping i can get pointed into the right direction for knowledge.

A simple Google search will start you on the right track. Just type in "what is rooting a phone" and look for an article on Lifehacker. It is about as basic of explanation as one can get. For a more in-depth explanation there is a lot of info here on XDA.

If you are looking for a tutorial to root the S5 Sport then check out mine stickied at the top of the General section.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread