Gs5 active sport ...

OP cortacanya

19th February 2015, 05:56 PM   |  #71  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 14

55 posts
More
They must have just posted it. I checked a little earlier and it wasn't there.
20th February 2015, 09:35 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
Im still new to this but what are these for?
20th February 2015, 04:19 PM   |  #73  
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 241

795 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyTheWolf

Im still new to this but what are these for?

The RDF updates? These are files that are posted when a new release is being tested for a possible release in the (near) future. The file also provides details about the release. Monitoring the RDF updates is just a little way to see when test releases are being built to speculate on an upcoming update.
The Following User Says Thank You to m20120 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2015, 09:32 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 170

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicFreeze

I don't have NK2 yet, but I'd presume the same deal I did: flash custom recovery, boot to custom recovery, reboot from menu & allow root "fix".

You can also just try the Auto Root again too.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk Pro

I picked up a bad ESN Sport to play with so I don't fry mine Anywho, I flashed custom recovery to it (not running NK2, but previous software), and see no option to allow root fix. This Sport is on the version the CF-auto root is made for, and I previously rooted and unrooted before wanting to try custom recovery method.

I know I can obviously just run CF again and then flash recovery, but I'd like to know this method just in case CF doesn't work on NK2. Thanks!!
22nd February 2015, 09:51 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 48

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPdownLoAD

I picked up a bad ESN Sport to play with so I don't fry mine Anywho, I flashed custom recovery to it (not running NK2, but previous software), and see no option to allow root fix. This Sport is on the version the CF-auto root is made for, and I previously rooted and unrooted before wanting to try custom recovery method.

I know I can obviously just run CF again and then flash recovery, but I'd like to know this method just in case CF doesn't work on NK2. Thanks!!

You will only see it when going thru the reboot menu option from the recovery (if it's written into the image). Most CWM-based recoveries have a "check for root" provision cooked in. It will prompt you with something like "fix root (/system/xbin/su)" with a Yes or No option. This actually will perform the initial rooting for many/most devices on which you can get a custom recovery installed. After this, just boot into the OS and install a Superuser handler (SuperSU, Superuser, etc) and update the binary.

My Chinese custom recovery had this built and it made rooting this take only about 5 min.

26th February 2015, 06:58 PM   |  #76  

211 posts
More
New RDF out:
http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/...SPRINT/OB4.rdf
27th February 2015, 09:57 PM   |  #77  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 14

55 posts
More
New RDF http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/...SPRINT/OB5.rdf
The Following User Says Thank You to gtalkalot24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:31 PM   |  #78  

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicFreeze

You will only see it when going thru the reboot menu option from the recovery (if it's written into the image). Most CWM-based recoveries have a "check for root" provision cooked in. It will prompt you with something like "fix root (/system/xbin/su)" with a Yes or No option. This actually will perform the initial rooting for many/most devices on which you can get a custom recovery installed. After this, just boot into the OS and install a Superuser handler (SuperSU, Superuser, etc) and update the binary.

My Chinese custom recovery had this built and it made rooting this take only about 5 min.

No luck with custom recovery to check/ root, but the previous CF Auto root still works on NK4.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread