Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible?

Tip us?

ParrSt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Is it possible?

Is it possible to use Odin to push a de-odexed stock ROM to the sprint GS5 without tripping knox? Or will the phone see that as a custom ROM and trip knox?

Bob

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrSt View Post
Is it possible to use Odin to push a de-odexed stock ROM to the sprint GS5 without tripping knox? Or will the phone see that as a custom ROM and trip knox?

Bob
It is possible. As far as I know a custom recovery and maybe custom kernel trip the knox counter.

Check this thread out HERE. It is for the Note 3 but no reason it shouldn't work on our device. I have never tried this so do at your own risk.
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold

ParrSt
Old
(Last edited by ParrSt; 15th August 2014 at 08:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan View Post
It is possible. As far as I know a custom recovery and maybe custom kernel trip the knox counter.

Check this thread out HERE. It is for the Note 3 but no reason it shouldn't work on our device. I have never tried this so do at your own risk.
My understanding was a custom ROM will trip it also.

Just wondering if the de-odexed ROM would be seen as a custom ROM? Just making sure I am clear. If I can go de-odexed, I can make all the mods I want without tripping knox.

Bob

serenesilence
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I saw that Note 3 thread too and had this exact question, specifically for using the MOAR ROM. (not sure if the S5 one has a stock kernel option - the S3 installer did)

From what I've read, only the custom kernel or recovery trip it, but I was curious if anyone's had success on the S5 with that. I thought the S5 has KNOX 2.0, so I'm not sure if it still holds true as with KNOX 1.0. Anyone tested it?

Just wish there was a way to emulate my phone so I could test it without actually impacting the phone.