Is it possible?

OP ParrSt

15th August 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Euless
Thanks Meter: 9

177 posts
More
Is it possible to use Odin to push a de-odexed stock ROM to the sprint GS5 without tripping knox? Or will the phone see that as a custom ROM and trip knox?

Bob
15th August 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 692

1,972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrSt

Is it possible to use Odin to push a de-odexed stock ROM to the sprint GS5 without tripping knox? Or will the phone see that as a custom ROM and trip knox?

Bob

It is possible. As far as I know a custom recovery and maybe custom kernel trip the knox counter.

Check this thread out HERE. It is for the Note 3 but no reason it shouldn't work on our device. I have never tried this so do at your own risk.
15th August 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Euless
Thanks Meter: 9

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

It is possible. As far as I know a custom recovery and maybe custom kernel trip the knox counter.

Check this thread out HERE. It is for the Note 3 but no reason it shouldn't work on our device. I have never tried this so do at your own risk.

My understanding was a custom ROM will trip it also.

Just wondering if the de-odexed ROM would be seen as a custom ROM? Just making sure I am clear. If I can go de-odexed, I can make all the mods I want without tripping knox.

Bob
Last edited by ParrSt; 15th August 2014 at 09:42 PM.
18th August 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I saw that Note 3 thread too and had this exact question, specifically for using the MOAR ROM. (not sure if the S5 one has a stock kernel option - the S3 installer did)

From what I've read, only the custom kernel or recovery trip it, but I was curious if anyone's had success on the S5 with that. I thought the S5 has KNOX 2.0, so I'm not sure if it still holds true as with KNOX 1.0. Anyone tested it?

Just wish there was a way to emulate my phone so I could test it without actually impacting the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread