XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ODIN not delivering recovery

Tip us?

redmanjoey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default ODIN not delivering recovery

I bought a new S5 after totaling my old one, and I am trying to get it rooted. I flash the latest recoveries from TWRP and PHILZ, odin says reset and pass, but it doesn't register on my phone. My knox is still 0x0. I just updated to NE5 so I think that may be the problem. Any solutions?

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmanjoey View Post
I bought a new S5 after totaling my old one, and I am trying to get it rooted. I flash the latest recoveries from TWRP and PHILZ, odin says reset and pass, but it doesn't register on my phone. My knox is still 0x0. I just updated to NE5 so I think that may be the problem. Any solutions?
Odin is very finicky. Try changing usb cables and changing ports. That should, and normally does, fix the issue. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

redmanjoey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Ok, I tried that. Still nothing. Used 2 and 3.0. Disabled anti virus too. Any other ideas? Thanks for the advice though!

zune70
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmanjoey View Post
Ok, I tried that. Still nothing. Used 2 and 3.0. Disabled anti virus too. Any other ideas? Thanks for the advice though!
Which odin version are you using? 3.07 or 3.09 that could be a problem too. I know when I was updating my modem to ne5 I couldn't use 3.07 because it wouldn't update I had to use 3.09 for it to work. It could be the same problem your having too. Just saying

redmanjoey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
[QUOTE=zune70;54415424]Which odin version are you using? 3.07 or 3.09 that could be a problem too. I know when I was updating my modem to ne5 I couldn't use 3.07 because it wouldn't update I had to use 3.09 for it to work. It could be the same problem your having too. Just saying

I tried using all the versions still no luck. I even tried using it on Phone rather than PDA and still no luck. Can I just push it through fastboot commands or something?

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1,650
If you are already rooted you can try an app called flashify, it's in the play store. It works pretty good for flashing recoveries.

redmanjoey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I'm not rooted, I plan on flashing the recovery so I can install a ROM. Are there any reasons why ODIN would say pass but not give me recovery? I tried 2 computers so I have a feeling it's the phone.

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1,650
I don't know, I've never had a problem with Odin.

Uumas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try rooting with kingo (kingoapp.com)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using XDA Free mobile app

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1,650
Have you tried cf-auto root?