Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No OS installed?

Tip us?

oscar996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawrj View Post
Hit thanks by accident. Yes it should work although I haven't done it on the S5. Once you get a computer working you can use odin 3.09 and flash my full tar no data file. This will get you up to full NE5 without wiping data.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
can i just odin the firmware i used to root the phone the first time,the file name is something like G900pvp....._SPR and it about 2gb. I used it to root my device.
Can I use that instead of flashing the rom.

this no OS thing/NO superUS really threw me off has my brain spinning

liqrisquicker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar996 View Post
can i just odin the firmware i used to root the phone the first time,the file name is something like G900pvp....._SPR and it about 2gb. I used it to root my device.
Can I use that instead of flashing the rom.

this no OS thing/NO superUS really threw me off has my brain spinning
Ive found that odin sometimes takes a minute to load in the .tar/.md5 file after you click ap and then select the firmware.

You can use the .tar/.md5 that you used to root your phone the first time. A question I would ask is what recovery are you using? Is it twrp or philz? I personally use twrp and there is an option for file browsing which should allow you to copy or move your internal storage to an sd card.

Now what I would suggest to you is to visit sammobile and download the NE5 firmware for the sprint gs5. Flash this firmware via odin 3.09 two times, as this is whar I had to do to upgrade my modem. Not sure why I had to do it twice but after the first flash my software was on NE5 and my modem was nd2. Once you have your phone back in working order, use towelroot or cf-autoroot to root your phone then flash twrp 2.7 in odin to get the custom recovery, and make your nandroid backup. I personally save my nandroid backups to a second microsd card I have this was I dont have to worry about accidentally deleting it.

There are a few custom roms that have the volume mod baked in I personally am running metalrom 1.1 and have done some extra debloating to fit my liking however the downloadable is fine how it is. I also like the RDDT line of roms however they arent NE5 yet so I would hold off until the respective developer releases something new.

oscar996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I flashed a stock rom via the sd card because odin did not work I did EVERYTHING. Deleted rebooted messed with registry and would always get usb modem failed notification and even when it installed I would check device manager and it had a yellow triangle so I gave up with my pc even tho I used it to root.

After flashing the rom it booted but somethings dont work in xposed because of the framework (which I think I need to update via odin, not sure)

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

mkeena0305
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Just use odin and flash the stock fe5 (1.3gb). Worked for me when I had the no OS problem.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app