Remove All Ads from XDA

general overall color and rom questions

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
By schilds937, Junior Member on 27th May 2015, 12:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hay all,

I have several questions/issues that i am hoping someone can help with and or point me to the location for the proper help.

original boost mobile galaxy s5, running 4.4 Rom
Flashed OA6 using ODIN to put 5.0 on
flashed CF/root using ODIN to gain root
flashed Philz recovery

At this stage i have a completely stock rom with root access.

Second i dl several custom roms to try including cryogen, metal rom, and unadulterated. I had the same issues with all of them as follows,
*no data when leaving an area where phone is on wifi
*cannot move apps to sd card
*no voice mail notifications
*gps not working
*phone reads lte but no lte speeds

I did a full wipe of cashe/divlsk cashe (however is spelled) and format for new rom. this did not allow the above to work. Had this issue on 2 s5's.

I have tried the 'fixes' that others have suggested to no avail. I have also tried to send the developers some of these questions with no response (i get they are busy).

After repeating this procedure (back to Stock ODIN/CF Root/Philz/new room) over and over with the same results i decided to STOP after flashing Philz

Then I DL-ed 'root app delete' from the play store. Took off all the crap i didn't want.
Flashed volume boost
installed adw launcher

This 'stock' room is the only one i could use where everything was working correctly.

That being said, i would like to have a dark theme for contacts, system ui, settings, etc. Without having to worry about screwing up everything i have set up for the 15th time.

Additionally, i had quick pic installed and a gallery hidden. Now, quick pic not installed and cannot get that gallery to show back up to use the new 'protection mode'. I have check the permissions using root explorer. They are set to rrw for all. I have cleaned cashe and still can get that gallery to show up.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,
31st May 2015, 10:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0
*I am the same user from above just recovered my prefered email and user name association.

Its been almost a week. Does no one have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread