FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

[Q&A][FAQ][UG][MOAR][OA6] FAQ, Q&A and User Guide for MOAR 6.2

Thanks Meter: 5,307

By Ramer, Recognized Contributor on 14th February 2015, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Disregard any references to MOAR 6.2F, MOAR 6.2H etc. The latest version of MOAR 6.2 in posted in the OP of the Developer's thread. The other versions were pre-releases.

Q&A - FAQ

Note to first time installers of MOAR
Three things are "assumed" before attempting to install MOAR:
1. You are already rooted.
2. You have a custom recovery already installed.
3. You understand the consequences of installing a custom recovery and custom rom.
This thread is not the place to ask how to root or how to install a custom recovery.

NOTE: Please read the original post (OP) for MOAR (and for the download link) , as many answers can be found there. @rompnit and @tdunham put a lot of time and effort to give us the Mother Of All Roms. We owe it to them search for answers before posting. Chances are, you'll find your answer.

NOTE: Please use the forums SEARCH feature before posting a question that may have already been answered.

NOTE: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA <- Great read if you're new here.

NOTE: Search techniques for first-timers

[GUIDE] How To Use Search in XDA. Courtesy of @JoeyDuran.

Also, Advance Google search for XDA. Please use these tools BEFORE posting. Thanks.

This information below was written about 8 months ago. Still applicable, but the link above is also very relevant.
1. Searching from a mobile device is difficult but can be done. These screenshots should help you if using the XDA app on your phone:

. .

. .

2. If on a computer, in the XDA forum, you can search globally for any XDA subject or just the thread you're viewing. (Upper right-hand section of browser) Since we're mostly interested in MOAR, you'd use the thread search.

3. Keep your search term reasonably simple. For example: Searching for "prl" would result in any post with the word prl, if you're really trying to find out how to write a prl file on your phone, try "write prl". Try different ways. Bonus Tip: Using Google and adding XDA can yield great results too. For example, "write prl xda".

4. Results of the search can give multiple results, scan through them to see if you can find your answer. (Hint: User your browsers back button to go back to search results.

5. Some more tips on using Internet Search Engines.

NOTE: MOAR Mod Control mini user's guide can be found starting in post #5, continues through post #12
NOTE: Many questions can be answered by going into MOAR Mod Control and going through all of the various settings.

1. MOAR Mods
(a). Q: Where can I find mods and themes?

MOAR 6.2 New Stuff Mods from @tdunham.

@willowmaker420 and @JoeyDuran's Mostly inverted theme and custom toggles/buttons throughout. It can be downloaded from ->HERE<-. Read their post, it contains instructions that will need to be followed.

@jonavansanders's collection of MOAR related graphics can be found ->HERE<-. Excellent artwork that can be used for wallpaper, lockscreen, Full Screen CallerID..... He is graciously taking requests, so if you have a MOAR related idea, post it in the Q&A.

(b). Q: Iím missing my Sprint / Samsung / Google app. What happened to them?
MOAR has been de-bloated, but you can restore any app that was removed (or add any) by downloading and flashing the Aroma powered bloat package =>HERE<=.

Here are the list of all the apps you can either add or delete from MOAR.

. .

. .

. .

2. General
(a). Q: What's the ETA on the next version of MOAR?
This question in any form is considered very rude and should not be asked EVER. The developers work hard to provide a great rom, but they also have a life, family etc. They are the only ones who know when the next version will/may be released, so asking anyone in the forums doesn't help. Please refer to paragraph 2 under guidelines ->HERE<-.

(b). Q: Where can I get flashable recovery?

The two available recoveries for Sprint GS5 are TWRP and Philz. Both can be found ->HERE<-. The .tar file(s) must be installed with Odin. Zip files are flashed in your present custom recovery. Older versions included, in most cases you'll want to install the latest version. In addtion, @ktoonsez KT TWRP v2.8.2.0 (or newer) is available ->HERE<-.

Note: If Odin link for v3.10 not working, here's alternate.

(c). Q: Can I use MOAR on my T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon etc. S5?
No. MOAR is a Sprint based ROM which can only be used on the Sprint network, which includes Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile. Sprint uses CDMA. For an understanding of CDMA vs GSM, here's a wikipedia article.

(d). Q: Where can I find other kernels?
Stock kernels courtesy of @tdunham are available ->HERE<-. (All 6 stock kernels, flashable recovery zips and flashable Odin versions)
KT Kernel can be found ->HERE<-.

(e). Q: How do I install Viper4Android?

Instructions courtesy of @lanewhit.
You have to be using KT Kernel. Dated 02.25.2015 or later.
1. Download and install Viper4Android.
2. Download and install Titanium Backup.
3. Using TiBu, freeze SoundAlive.
4. Run Viper4Android. On first run you'll be prompted to download drivers, do it.
5. Reboot.
6. Profit.

(f). Q: How do I request a feature or report a bug?

XDA forums has been going through some transformations to help developers keep things in order. If you are using a web browser to access XDA, you'll see some tabs at the top of web page:

Please use those tabs to leave a review, request a feature or report a bug. If you are using an app such as Tapatalk or XDA Premium, you won't see them, so here is a clickable link for each section. When you click on them, your phone/tablet may ask what to open it with, select your web browser.

Discussion

Screenshots

Reviews

Feature Requests

Bug Reports

Q&A

(g). Q: Can I use Xposed Framework with MOAR 6? (Updated 5/20/15)

Yes, but understand that it is considered "alpha" status (pre-beta). Follow these steps:

Info credited to @dr.ketan. See his post >HERE<

1. Install apk (Download apk >HERE< Filename: XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2.apk
2. Copy zip to phone.
3. Recovery, do nanoid because you're paranoid.
4. Flash zip (Download zip >HERE< Filename: xposed-sdk21-arm-20150430-arter97.zip
5. Reboot (yes, Art is rebuilt)
6. Profit.

(h). Q: Are you getting a "Device failed activation" or similar message?

The most likely cause is your using a Sprint phone in a location where Sprint doesn't have service. Refer to this post for a solution.

(i). Q: I want to change one of the options that I choose when I installed MOAR. Do I have to start over?

No you don't. What you want to do is re-run the MOAR aroma installer and select option 2 "Change add-ons only". See screenshots of the current aroma installer.
. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

Note: Should you change your mind and want to get out of the aroma installer at any time, tap the 3 dot menu to Quit Installation.

(j). Q: Why is Contacts Force Closing all the time?
@rompnit posted this regarding the issue:
Quote:

The culprit seems to be Facebook and/or FB Messenger, from what we've found It's trying to pull data chunks from contacts, that are too large for what Lollipop will allow (in a nutshell).

(k). Q: Why are apps continually updating from the Playstore? (Alternate question: Why is my phone running out of memory?

There seems to be an issue with Lollipop, and a solution has not been found yet. In the mean time, to free up space, use Root Explorer or any file manager with root access and navigate from the root directly to data\app. Looking at this screen shot, in this example you'll notice that Dropbox is listed twice.

Looking closer, the file ending with -1 has a later date/time stamp, you would want to delete com.dropbox.android-2. Sometimes you'll have duplicates on the same date, so look at the time stamp as well. Always keep the newest file. I'd recommend you check this folder every day or so to avoid running out of space on your phone.

(l). Q: Can I do anything about a weak signal? (PRL Update)
There's a couple of things you can try:

1. If your signal strength just started getting weak, it may just be the cell tower in your area, you could call Sprint to see if they are working in your area.

2. Update your PRL. Go to Settings -> System Update -> Update PRL.

. .

3. Write the Corporate PRL. Many of us have gotten better reception with this. Make sure to follow the instructions competely from ->HERE<-. If you want to return to the stock PRL at any time, just repeat Step 2.

. .

The following link is provided for informational purposes. Please do a nanoid backup before you try anything that is suggested there. Some information does not apply to the S5 and some info may be outdated.

(m). Q: I'm trying to change the statusbar to one of the pre-configured ones, but it won't stick. Why?

For some reason, the moar folder on your internal SD didn't get created. Go to MOAR Mod Control -> Data Management -> Restore MOAR folder. It should work now.

(n). Q: How do I do a nanoid backup? (TWRP or KT TWRP)

Doing a nanoid backup is the single most important thing you should do "routinely" to make sure you can always get your phone back in a known good state. When I do a nanoid, I backup EVERY partition except the modem. It's been my experience that my backup's would fail when the modem was backed up and anyway, you should never lose the modem anyway. As long as you have TWRP installed (if, for some reason the phone is so borked that you lose TWRP, just odin TWRP back to phone and proceed. When you restore your nanoid, you are restoring EVERYTHING to the exact stage it was in when you did your nanoid.

Speaking of Restore, it's equally important to test your nanoid backup to be confident that it will restore when you need it to. I check my nanoid probably every 5 or so backups and store recent known good backups to my PC.

Looking at these screenshots, you can change the location of where you want to save the nanoid to: Internal Storage, Micro SD card or OTG USB Device.

. .

(o). Q: Is there anything I can do to improve battery life?
Yes, quite a bit actually. Please refer to @vaisakh7's excellent guide and direct any questions to that thread.

[GUIDE]Extreme Battery Life Thread(Greenify+Amplify+Power Nap)

3. Screencasts Useful screencasts for getting the most out of your phone.
Clearing the cache and rebooting every night:

A much appreciated Thank You to the following guys and gals for their donations:@RMD, @JoeFCaputo113, @andee39, @Steve98124, @davesbest, @lizardking7112, @B5Z, @greogory, @black72cat, @blazingoose503
Last edited by Ramer; Today at 03:51 AM.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th February 2015, 11:55 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
Installation instructions, issues, patches and mods
Note to first time installers of MOAR
Three things are "assumed" before attempting to install MOAR:
1. You are already rooted.
2. You have a custom recovery already installed.
3. You understand the consequences of installing a custom recovery and custom rom.
This thread is not the place to ask how to root or how to install a custom recovery.
Also recommend that you read the instructions a few times. If a file is needed, download all of them in advance and save to your PC desktop.

NOTE: These instructions are ONLY if you are installing MOAR and your previous rom was based on KitKat. If updating to a newer version of MOAR or you're on another Lollipop based rom, then just follow normal flashing process.

Instructions for installing MOAR 6.x

1. Make a current nanoid backup.
2. Boot your phone back up and using a file manager, delete the "android" folder from your external SD (if you have one).
3. NOTE: More users are reporting that they are having better luck using Philz recovery to do the full wipe. Download the flashable zip version >HERE<. If you prefer TWRP, you can always flash it again after you've updated. Quoted from @tdunham post: (In Philz) Wipe and Format Options/Custom Format Options, went through and did every single one EXCEPT 'Format /storage/sdcard1' (external storage).
4. If you have not already Odin'd the [ODIN][TAR][5.0] SM-G900P OA6 (Official!) - Full Restore (ROM, Modem, Kernel), do it now, otherwise continue to step 9.
5. Reboot the new stock build and log into your google/samsung accounts through the initial screens until you're on the Home screen. Do not skip this step.
6. Shut down phone completely (BATTERY PULL) and restart into download mode (Home, Volume Down and Power button).
7. Odin either Philz or TWRP custom recovery. (the .tar file). Uncheck Auto-Reboot in Odin and once the recovery is odin'd (You'll see a PASS in Odin), pull the battery and unplug USB cable.
8. Put battery back in and reboot into custom recovery. (Home, Volume UP and Power button)
9. Flash MOAR. Download link can be found in the Developer's OP.
10. First boot may take up to 20 or more minutes as MOAR is building the ART cache. You should have the bootanimation for about 5 minutes and then it goes into Upgrading apps.
11. Profit!

If you are updating to a newer version of MOAR, these tips "may" make the experience quicker. Of course, YMMV

1. Use Data Management and backup your MOAR settings.
2. If you use Nova Launcher, backup your Nova settings.
3. Use TiBu to backup all your apps + data.
4. Do a nanoid.
5. Do a clean install of MOAR 6.x (You can try a dirty flash, but you may get Force Close errors)
6. After it boots (expect the wait that we all enjoy), log in, set up your google/samsung account.
7. LEAVE THE PHONE ALONE!!!! Let it download your Playstore apps.
8. Go into MOAR Mod Control and restore your MOAR settings.
9. If a Nova user, restore your backup of that too.
10. In TiBu, restore ONLY apps that are colored WHITE. Those are your user apps that didn't get restored from the Playstore, such as from the Amazon Appstore or side-loaded apps.
11. If all goes well, only 60-90 minutes for new goodies.

Patches, mods, additions (Check here for any updates or mods to flash after installing MOAR)

@tdunham's New Stuff Rev 1.1 for MOAR 6.2 can be found ->HERE<-
Last edited by Ramer; 17th May 2015 at 01:38 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 11:56 PM |#3  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
Useful links for MOAR 6.x

@tdunham's New Stuff Rev 1.1 for MOAR 6.2 can be found ->HERE<- If installing New Stuff mods for the first time, you just have to install the latest, all previous mods will be included.

@jonavansanders's collection of MOAR related graphics can be found ->HERE<-. Excellent artwork that can be used for wallpaper, lockscreen, Full Screen CallerID..... He is graciously taking requests, so if you have a MOAR related idea, post it in the Q&A.

@willowmaker420 and @JoeyDuran's Mostly inverted theme and custom toggles/buttons throughout. It can be downloaded from ->HERE<-. Read their post, it contains instructions that will need to be followed.

@ktoonsez KT Kernel and KT TWRP Both work great with MOAR.

@tdunham's FullScreen Call Themed for Lollipop Change the picture on the Full Screen Caller ID, or create your own.

@JoeyDuran and @Ramer Bootanimations. (Mine have been modified for Lollipop, you may get an error in TWRP, but it does flash it.

@willowmaker420's Red themed .apk for Samsung keyboard and inverted .apk's for Calculator and Air Messaging can be downloaded from ->HERE<-.
Last edited by Ramer; 17th May 2015 at 01:40 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 11:56 PM |#4  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
Troubleshooting
Help everyone help you!

If you are having a technical problem, it's important to provide as much information as posible to help troubleshoot. At a minimum, please provide:

Software Version:
Model Number:
Baseband Version:
Kernel Version:
Build Number:

This information can be taken from Setting -> About Device:
(Screenshot in place of above information is good)

Additional Info
Who is your mobile carrier? (Important of connectivity issues)
New Stuff Mod Version:
Is Greenify installed: (y/n)
What are some of the last apps you installed before the problem started?

If you can, post a screenshot or screencast of error and a logcat.

Preventative Help

Do a nanoid backup. Set up a routine. If you're the type that likes to try out new things, then do a nanoid at least weekly. Do it monthly if you don't make changes. Personally, if I go into Recovery, I'll do a nanoid. You'll be thankful for taking the 15 minutes to do it when you're up a creek without a paddle!

Troubleshooting Tips
1. If doing a clean install and phone doesn't boot, it could be a bad download. Re-download and check MD5 checksum on PC and/or phone. It's also been reported that doing a dirty re-flash works.
2. Clear cache(s) in recovery. Sometimes that's all it takes.
3. Dirty flash MOAR. You won't lose any thing.
4. If you're experiencing problems such as freezing, random reboots or connection issues, reboot into "Safe Mode". Similar to a PC, your phone will boot without loading any apps (other than default), no drivers or mods. If your problem is resolved, then you know the issue isn't with MOAR but something else installed on your phone.

To boot into "Safe Mode":
Turn the device off.
Press and hold the Power key.
When ‘Samsung Galaxy S5′ appears on the screen, release the Power key.
Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

To boot normal, either restart your phone, or use the pulldown notification.
Last edited by Ramer; 28th April 2015 at 01:39 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 11:56 PM |#5  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
MOAR Mod Control Statusbar Settings

Quote:

// Statusbar Settings
Statusbar Clock Options
Position // Left, right, center, hide
AM/PM // Small, regular, hide
Weekday // Small, regular, hide
Choose ANY color for the clock
Backgrounds
Use Statusbar image // Choose from premade, select your own, set color overlay, etc..
Manage images // Backup, restore, or delete statusbar images
Battery Icon Settings
3Minit Battery Mod // Choose from 1000's of different styles
Customizable battery bar
Max Signal Level // Choose 4, 5, or 6 bars
Traffic Meter // Customizable traffic meter. Also select ANY color
Statusbar Lock Button // Choose location and color // Long press for reboot menu // Double tap for torch
Statusbar Icons
Separate Toggles to Show or Hide //
IME icon, alarm icon, Bluetooth icon, vibrate & silent icons, blocking mode, personal mode
Statusbar Icon Colors
Set ANY color for Signalbars, WiFi, Download Booster, Data, Notification icons, and Text separately

Screenshots

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

Last edited by Ramer; 14th May 2015 at 07:34 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 11:57 PM |#6  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
MOAR Mod Control Notification Panel
Quote:

// Notification Panel
Header Preferences
Header Background // Choose ANY color or transparency
Dateview Style // Select from 19 different layouts or hide completely
Set Custom Third Button // Disabled, recent, lock, home, or clear
Select ANY color for the following // Pulldown clock, date color, and settings buttons
Main Body Options
Enable/Disable Ongoing Notifications
Set Brightness Slider background color
Show or Hide the brightness slider
Choose sFinder background color
Show or Hide the sFinder / QuickConnect panel
Toggle Settings
Select the number of visible toggles shown at once // Between 3 & 6
Select the number of scrollable toggles shown // Between 5 & 20
Choose Toggle Icon Background // Choose from 5 different styles
Choose Toggle Type // Select from S5 Stock or Custom
Select ANY color or transparency for Toggle panel
Select Toggle color
Show/Hide toggle text completely
Set toggle text color
Toggle Scripts // Enable or disable hidden toggles
CPU Stats // Show or Hide CPU Widgets // Choose ANY text color

Screenshots:

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

Last edited by Ramer; 14th May 2015 at 07:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 11:57 PM |#7  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
MOAR Mod Control Sound and Notifications
Quote:

// Sound and Notifications
Music Control
Choose Button Press Delay // Between 100ms and 500ms
Select Volume Up Action // Next, Pause, Play, Previous, Stop
Select Volume Down Action // Next, Pause, Play, Previous, Stop
System Sound Toggles // Enable or Disable boot, volume slider, charging, and screenshot sounds
Notifications and Dialogue
Enable/Disable Low Battery Notifications
Enable/Disable Battery Full Notifications
Enable/Disable Wireless Charging Popup
Enable/Disable Airplane Mode Warning
Enable/Disable Powersaving Mode notification
Enable/Disable Hotspot dialogue
Enable/Disable Roaming warning
Enable/Disable Ongoing GPS notification
Toggle to link/unlink system volume
System Sound Levels // Choose from stock, mild, loud, and extreme volume boosts

Screenshots

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .
Last edited by Ramer; 14th May 2015 at 07:35 PM.
14th February 2015, 11:57 PM |#8  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
MOAR Mod Control General Mods

Quote:

// General Mods
Phone Mods
Call Recording // Add or remove record button from UI
Tap to Restart InCallUI
Enable/Disable increasing ringtone
Set Fullscreen or Stock layout
Enable/Disable last spoke dialogue
Enable/Disable last message dialogue
Lockscreen Options
Set custom carrier text or leave blank to remove
Enable/Disable lockscreen completely
Enable/Disable ambient display
Enable/Disable lockscreen rotation
Touchwiz Launcher
TW Theme Manager // Choose from 9 launcher icon themes!
Enable/Disable wallpaper scrolling
Enable/Disable page looping
Enable/Disable launcher rotation
Select launcher text color
Reset Slide Launch Default App

Screenshots

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

Last edited by Ramer; 28th May 2015 at 04:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 11:57 PM |#9  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
MOAR Mod Control Buttons and Display
Quote:

// Buttons and Display
Customize Buttons
Toggle to Disable Haptic Feedback
Home Button // Set doubletap, tripletap, and long press actions // Chose wake, etc..
Left Capacitive Key // Choose behaviors and settings
Right Capacitive Key // Choose behaviors and settings
Power Button // Choose double tap behavior
Toggle to allow 360 degree screen rotation
Enable/Disable Screen On When Plugged/Unplugged
Show/Hide softkey navbar

Screenshots

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

. .

Last edited by Ramer; 14th May 2015 at 07:37 PM.
14th February 2015, 11:58 PM |#10  
Flag Sunset

Donate to Me
More
MOAR Mod Control Extended Power Menu

Quote:

// Extended Power Menu
Show or Hide Power Off
Show or Hide Data Mode
Show or Hide Airplane Mode
Show or Hide Restart Menu
Show or Hide Recovery Menu
Show or Hide Download Mode
Show or Hide Flashlight Button
Show or Hide Screen Recorder
Show or Hide Screenshot Button
Show or Hide Emergency Menu

Screenshot

. .

Last edited by Ramer; 14th May 2015 at 07:33 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread