Note to first time installers of MOAR
1. You are already rooted.
2. You have a custom recovery already installed.
3. You understand the consequences of installing a custom recovery and custom rom.
This thread is not the place to ask how to root or how to install a custom recovery.
NOTE: Please read the original post (OP) for MOAR (and for the download link) , as many answers can be found there. @rompnit and @tdunham put a lot of time and effort to give us the Mother Of All Roms. We owe it to them search for answers before posting. Chances are, you'll find your answer.
NOTE: Please use the forums SEARCH feature before posting a question that may have already been answered.
NOTE: [GUIDE] - XDA New User Guide - Getting started on XDA <- Great read if you're new here.
NOTE: Search techniques for first-timers
[GUIDE] How To Use Search in XDA. Courtesy of @JoeyDuran.
Also, Advance Google search for XDA. Please use these tools BEFORE posting. Thanks.
This information below was written about 8 months ago. Still applicable, but the link above is also very relevant.
1. Searching from a mobile device is difficult but can be done. These screenshots should help you if using the XDA app on your phone:
2. If on a computer, in the XDA forum, you can search globally for any XDA subject or just the thread you're viewing. (Upper right-hand section of browser) Since we're mostly interested in MOAR, you'd use the thread search.
3. Keep your search term reasonably simple. For example: Searching for "prl" would result in any post with the word prl, if you're really trying to find out how to write a prl file on your phone, try "write prl". Try different ways. Bonus Tip: Using Google and adding XDA can yield great results too. For example, "write prl xda".
4. Results of the search can give multiple results, scan through them to see if you can find your answer. (Hint: User your browsers back button to go back to search results.
5. Some more tips on using Internet Search Engines.
NOTE: MOAR Mod Control mini user's guide can be found starting in post #5, continues through post #12
NOTE: Many questions can be answered by going into MOAR Mod Control and going through all of the various settings.
1. MOAR Mods
@willowmaker420 and @JoeyDuran's Mostly inverted theme and custom toggles/buttons throughout. It can be downloaded from ->HERE<-. Read their post, it contains instructions that will need to be followed.
@jonavansanders's collection of MOAR related graphics can be found ->HERE<-. Excellent artwork that can be used for wallpaper, lockscreen, Full Screen CallerID..... He is graciously taking requests, so if you have a MOAR related idea, post it in the Q&A.
(b). Q: Iím missing my Sprint / Samsung / Google app. What happened to them?
Here are the list of all the apps you can either add or delete from MOAR.
(b). Q: Where can I get flashable recovery?
The two available recoveries for Sprint GS5 are TWRP and Philz. Both can be found ->HERE<-. The .tar file(s) must be installed with Odin. Zip files are flashed in your present custom recovery. Older versions included, in most cases you'll want to install the latest version. In addtion, @ktoonsez KT TWRP v188.8.131.52 (or newer) is available ->HERE<-.
Note: If Odin link for v3.10 not working, here's alternate.
(c). Q: Can I use MOAR on my T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon etc. S5?
(d). Q: Where can I find other kernels?
(e). Q: How do I install Viper4Android?
Instructions courtesy of @lanewhit.
You have to be using KT Kernel. Dated 02.25.2015 or later.
1. Download and install Viper4Android.
2. Download and install Titanium Backup.
3. Using TiBu, freeze SoundAlive.
4. Run Viper4Android. On first run you'll be prompted to download drivers, do it.
(f). Q: How do I request a feature or report a bug?
XDA forums has been going through some transformations to help developers keep things in order. If you are using a web browser to access XDA, you'll see some tabs at the top of web page:
Please use those tabs to leave a review, request a feature or report a bug. If you are using an app such as Tapatalk or XDA Premium, you won't see them, so here is a clickable link for each section. When you click on them, your phone/tablet may ask what to open it with, select your web browser.
(g). Q: Can I use Xposed Framework with MOAR 6? (Updated 5/20/15)
Yes, but understand that it is considered "alpha" status (pre-beta). Follow these steps:
Info credited to @dr.ketan. See his post >HERE<
1. Install apk (Download apk >HERE< Filename: XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2.apk
2. Copy zip to phone.
3. Recovery, do nanoid because you're paranoid.
4. Flash zip (Download zip >HERE< Filename: xposed-sdk21-arm-20150430-arter97.zip
5. Reboot (yes, Art is rebuilt)
(h). Q: Are you getting a "Device failed activation" or similar message?
The most likely cause is your using a Sprint phone in a location where Sprint doesn't have service. Refer to this post for a solution.
(i). Q: I want to change one of the options that I choose when I installed MOAR. Do I have to start over?
No you don't. What you want to do is re-run the MOAR aroma installer and select option 2 "Change add-ons only". See screenshots of the current aroma installer.
Note: Should you change your mind and want to get out of the aroma installer at any time, tap the 3 dot menu to Quit Installation.
(j). Q: Why is Contacts Force Closing all the time?
The culprit seems to be Facebook and/or FB Messenger, from what we've found It's trying to pull data chunks from contacts, that are too large for what Lollipop will allow (in a nutshell).
(k). Q: Why are apps continually updating from the Playstore? (Alternate question: Why is my phone running out of memory?
There seems to be an issue with Lollipop, and a solution has not been found yet. In the mean time, to free up space, use Root Explorer or any file manager with root access and navigate from the root directly to data\app. Looking at this screen shot, in this example you'll notice that Dropbox is listed twice.
Looking closer, the file ending with -1 has a later date/time stamp, you would want to delete com.dropbox.android-2. Sometimes you'll have duplicates on the same date, so look at the time stamp as well. Always keep the newest file. I'd recommend you check this folder every day or so to avoid running out of space on your phone.
(l). Q: Can I do anything about a weak signal? (PRL Update)
1. If your signal strength just started getting weak, it may just be the cell tower in your area, you could call Sprint to see if they are working in your area.
2. Update your PRL. Go to Settings -> System Update -> Update PRL.
3. Write the Corporate PRL. Many of us have gotten better reception with this. Make sure to follow the instructions competely from ->HERE<-. If you want to return to the stock PRL at any time, just repeat Step 2.
The following link is provided for informational purposes. Please do a nanoid backup before you try anything that is suggested there. Some information does not apply to the S5 and some info may be outdated.
(m). Q: I'm trying to change the statusbar to one of the pre-configured ones, but it won't stick. Why?
For some reason, the moar folder on your internal SD didn't get created. Go to MOAR Mod Control -> Data Management -> Restore MOAR folder. It should work now.
(n). Q: How do I do a nanoid backup? (TWRP or KT TWRP)
Doing a nanoid backup is the single most important thing you should do "routinely" to make sure you can always get your phone back in a known good state. When I do a nanoid, I backup EVERY partition except the modem. It's been my experience that my backup's would fail when the modem was backed up and anyway, you should never lose the modem anyway. As long as you have TWRP installed (if, for some reason the phone is so borked that you lose TWRP, just odin TWRP back to phone and proceed. When you restore your nanoid, you are restoring EVERYTHING to the exact stage it was in when you did your nanoid.
Speaking of Restore, it's equally important to test your nanoid backup to be confident that it will restore when you need it to. I check my nanoid probably every 5 or so backups and store recent known good backups to my PC.
Looking at these screenshots, you can change the location of where you want to save the nanoid to: Internal Storage, Micro SD card or OTG USB Device.
(o). Q: Is there anything I can do to improve battery life?
[GUIDE]Extreme Battery Life Thread(Greenify+Amplify+Power Nap)
3. Screencasts Useful screencasts for getting the most out of your phone.
A much appreciated Thank You to the following guys and gals for their donations:@RMD, @JoeFCaputo113, @andee39, @Steve98124, @davesbest, @lizardking7112, @B5Z, @greogory, @black72cat, @blazingoose503