Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 43,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can these roms be used for the Galaxy S5 SPort?

Tip us?
 
davidxduong85
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Can these roms be used for the Galaxy S5 SPort?

I just purchased a galaxy s5 sport and dont see a separate forum section for it.
Are roms made for the original galaxy s5 also usable with the galaxy s5 sport?
 
Iceburn1
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default Galaxy Sport + Galaxy S5 Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidxduong85 View Post
I just purchased a galaxy s5 sport and dont see a separate forum section for it.
Are roms made for the original galaxy s5 also usable with the galaxy s5 sport?

The Roms for Galaxy S5 wont work on your edition of phone, not even sure there is a restore file for your phone on sammobile, i dont think there is yet...sammobile.com is the site to get Odin file, see if they have it. Thats the first question u have to answer, dont wanna bork your phone with root and not have a way to get back to stock.
 
gratefldiver
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 76
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 41.872 -88.065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn1 View Post
The Roms for Galaxy S5 wont work on your edition of phone, not even sure there is a restore file for your phone on sammobile, i dont think there is yet...sammobile.com is the site to get Odin file, see if they have it. Thats the first question u have to answer, dont wanna bork your phone with root and not have a way to get back to stock.
Chainfire was kind enough to create an Auto Root for the Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport.
Originally Posted by gratefldiver View Post
Here are the recovery & boot images. Hopefully you can work with these and create a root capability.
Here is the CFAR for G860P - http://download.chainfire.eu/460/CF-...ts-smg860p.zip

Please go to his Thread and thank him appropriately. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683 the S5 Sport quote above is on page 46 of that thread.
Quote:
All the gifts of life are held within these walls
 
1monday
Old
#4  
1monday's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefldiver View Post
Chainfire was kind enough to create an Auto Root for the Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport.
Originally Posted by gratefldiver View Post
Here are the recovery & boot images. Hopefully you can work with these and create a root capability.
Here is the CFAR for G860P - http://download.chainfire.eu/460/CF-...ts-smg860p.zip

Please go to his Thread and thank him appropriately. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683 the S5 Sport quote above is on page 46 of that thread.
I used Chainfire's auto root for the Sport yesterday and it worked perfectly. However, I tried flashing philz recovery for the s5 after rooting and all I get is a bootloop when trying to boot into recovery. I've done this multiple times on different devices without any problems so I'm assuming the regular s5 recovery is not compatible with the Sport. Does the auto root already include its own recovery or is there one that is compatible with the s5 sport? Or is there something I'm missing here?
 
Iceburn1
Old
(Last edited by Iceburn1; 3rd September 2014 at 03:44 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 113
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default Galaxy Sport+Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1monday View Post
I used Chainfire's auto root for the Sport yesterday and it worked perfectly. However, I tried flashing philz recovery for the s5 after rooting and all I get is a bootloop when trying to boot into recovery. I've done this multiple times on different devices without any problems so I'm assuming the regular s5 recovery is not compatible with the Sport. Does the auto root already include its own recovery or is there one that is compatible with the s5 sport? Or is there something I'm missing here?
Not sure if there is a custom recovery for your phone yet, just flash Chainfires CF-autoroot again, it won't harm anything, his root method flashes root with custom recovery, then in same instance flashes stock recovery back onto it. This will at least get u out of bootloop and not change anything u have done to phone. Go to sammobile.com and get the firmware for your phone. That will be pretty much your recovery until one is made for your phone, which will happen in due time.
 
1monday
Old
#6  
1monday's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburn1 View Post
Not sure if there is a custom recovery for your phone yet, just flash Chainfires CF-autoroot again, it won't harm anything, his root method flashes root with custom recovery, then in same instance flashes stock recovery back onto it. This will at least get u out of bootloop and not change anything u have done to phone. Go to sammobile.com and get the firmware for your phone. That will be pretty much your recovery until one is made for your phone, which will happen in due time.
I was able to get out of the bootloop. The phone works fine and is rooted. The only problem I was having was trying to get the recovery to work properly. So far I've only tried philz. Maybe TWRP would produce different results? I will try flashing later today and report back. Thanks for the response
 
Navani
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1monday View Post
I was able to get out of the bootloop. The phone works fine and is rooted. The only problem I was having was trying to get the recovery to work properly. So far I've only tried philz. Maybe TWRP would produce different results? I will try flashing later today and report back. Thanks for the response
Hi! Please update when you test it out and let me know =) interested in doing this tonight, I'm trying to get a recovery on my Sport.
 
megan23247
Old
#8  
megan23247's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 111
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
I had no luck with Philz I ended up havin to use TWRP, which works fine BUT I like Philz so much better. But I would say try using TWRP and see if it works better for u and let us know.

Sent from my Sexy Samsung S5
 
1monday
Old
#9  
1monday's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navani View Post
Hi! Please update when you test it out and let me know =) interested in doing this tonight, I'm trying to get a recovery on my Sport.






Quote:
Originally Posted by megan23247 View Post
I had no luck with Philz I ended up havin to use TWRP, which works fine BUT I like Philz so much better. But I would say try using TWRP and see if it works better for u and let us know.

Sent from my Sexy Samsung S5
I tried flashing TWRP today and I'm getting the same result. It gets stuck in a bootloop when trying to boot into recovery. It shows the "Recovery is not seandroid enforcing" message and then restarts and does the same thing. The only way to get out of it is to pull the battery then boot into download mode and flash the recovery again and let it reboot normally. After that the phone goes back to normal with root permission but without a working recovery.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes